2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's fooled the masses with a sexy foreign accent and a record of success in the Dutch farmer league - same as Silva in Portugal.

If he was English like Walsh who's work at Leicester was far more impressive he would have been hammered for that summer window just gone.
It’s just galling that it doesn’t take rocket scientist to work out prior to coming to Everton that the following players were
Siggy - vastly overpriced should have walked away
Delph - injury prone
Walcott - best days behind him
Sidibe - unknown quantity but on a free.
Even last summer
Iwobi - overpriced inconsistent
Mina - bought on the back of a good World Cup always a warning sign
Gomes - quality on his day but injury prone.
This isn’t a case of being wise after the event, many fans commented along this lines prior to these players being purchased.
on the plus side
Richarlison- outstanding but was it Silva
Digne- wobble this season, but overall a good purchase.
Kean - I will give him some slack on Kean, he was very highly regarded into Italy and it was seen as a coup that we got him.
This window could be the make or break of Brands at the club HE HAS TO DELIVER.

I’m on the Fence with brands.

some good buys but some shockers as well.

he has Carlo as the main draw card now, no time for excuses this time around.

I’m on the Fence with brands.

some good buys but some shockers as well.

he has Carlo as the main draw card now, no time for excuses this time around.

No excuses, apart from a club who is a kit kat away from breaking FFP rules in the middle of a global pandemic that has made the club lose tens of millions of revenue.

Love the way you list loads of players Brands didn't even sign and then take away Richarlison.

Its great when people do that.

None of the credit, all of the blame, that's why he's paid 5m a year.

Marcel Brands walks on water.
I was just talking generally about the misgivings we had about players prior to them joining. I agree many of them weren’t, but many were.
Edit only two Siggy and Walcott weren’t brought to the club by Brsnds.

I was just talking generally about the misgivings we had about players prior to them joining. I agree many of them weren’t, but many were.
It’s just galling that it doesn’t take rocket scientist to work out prior to coming to Everton that the following players were
Siggy - vastly overpriced should have walked away
Delph - injury prone
Walcott - best days behind him
Sidibe - unknown quantity but on a free.
Even last summer
Iwobi - overpriced inconsistent
Mina - bought on the back of a good World Cup always a warning sign
Gomes - quality on his day but injury prone.
This isn’t a case of being wise after the event, many fans commented along this lines prior to these players being purchased.
on the plus side
Richarlison- outstanding but was it Silva
Digne- wobble this season, but overall a good purchase.
Kean - I will give him some slack on Kean, he was very highly regarded into Italy and it was seen as a coup that we got him.
This window could be the make or break of Brands at the club HE HAS TO DELIVER.

Misgivings?

Siggy - Brands didn't sign
Delph - We knew he was injury prone, hence us only paying 8m for a Premier League winner
Walcott - Brands didn't sign
Sidibe - World Cup winning Right back on loan
Iwobi - Utter garbo, but only young, so will have a resale, if he continues to be garbo
Mina - Everybody was wetting themselves when we linked with him
Gomes - Rolls Royce that's been out for 9 months
Richarlison - Brands best buy
Digne - Best LB in the league, wont be told otherwise
Kean - Same as Mina

The only players people had doubts about were Delph and Iwobi.

Everything else is just hindsight.

I love how people believe every DoF in world football has a 100% success rate with transfers except Brands.
Richarlison - most of the credit goes to Silva because Richy gushed about him as a father figure. I'll even mark it as brilliant for Brands just to help him.
Gomes - average
Mina - average
Bernard - above average
Delph - poor
Iwobi - average
Digne - brilliant
Kean - below average

He's not hitting a lot for a DoF alleged to be one of the best.

Richarlison - most of the credit goes to Silva because Richy gushed about him as a father figure. I'll even mark it as brilliant for Brands just to help him.
Gomes - average
Mina - average
Bernard - above average
Delph - poor
Iwobi - average
Digne - brilliant
Kean - below average

Compare him to his peers then.

Whos doing better?

I love how people believe every DoF in world football has a 100% success rate with transfers except Brands.
They don’t, even Ferguson bought some horrific buys at United. I exonerate him of any blame trying to get the deadwood, such as Tosun, Bolasie and Sandro our of the club, however it can’t be denied Brands has bought some poor players to the club.

Gomes - average
Mina - average
Bernard - above average
Delph - poor
Iwobi - average
Digne - brilliant
Kean - below average

So 2 brilliant, Gomes great when he’s on it, Iwobi, Mina and Kean still young and improving, Delph crap.

Misgivings?

Siggy - Brands didn't sign
Delph - We knew he was injury prone, hence us only paying 8m for a Premier League winner
Walcott - Brands didn't sign
Sidibe - World Cup winning Right back on loan
Iwobi - Utter garbo, but only young, so will have a resale, if he continues to be garbo
Mina - Everybody was wetting themselves when we linked with him
Gomes - Rolls Royce that's been out for 9 months
Richarlison - Brands best buy
Digne - Best LB in the league, wont be told otherwise
Kean - Same as Mina

The only players people had doubts about were Delph and Iwobi.

Everything else is just hindsight.
We get the benefit of hindsight. We're message board posters. Someone making millions to oversee this exact duty doesn't get that benefit.

They don’t, even Ferguson bought some horrific buys at United. I exonerate him of any blame trying to get the deadwood, such as Tosun, Biloadie snd Sandro our of the club, however it can’t be denied Brands has bought some poor players to the club.

You thought he bought Sigurdsson so not even going to acknowledge your opinions on Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.