2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands has been handed the same nightmare task as the manager has it doesn't help when posters are louding Brands as the second coming your raising the bar too high and giving people a reason to argue

There is problems at the club that stem beyond the manager and director of football

Until that is sorted out we are all just going to be spouting unprovable garbage

Brands negotiated the deal, he talked Juve out of a buy back because he believed in the lad, the lad was keen on the move, it was win win. He wasn't given a fair crack by Silva for whatever reason and it's stunted his season but not his confidence, you can tell from the videos the club puts up that he is loving being here. Not sure what Brands giving his mum a shirt as a lovely gesture has to do with things
It’s utterly bonkers that you’re still blaming silva for Kean’s lack of game time. Since he finally got his long awaited goal we’ve played 5 games and he hasn’t even been given a cumulative 90 minutes. All 3 managers have chosen to use him very sparingly. There are clearly reasons for that, the obvious one being that he isn’t ready to make an impact in the PL at this moment in time.

His fault the entire midfield is injured for most of the season. Gbamin, unlucky it happens, nobody knows if he's a bad buy. Gomes got snapped in half, Delph is perma crock Davies inconsistent still. Pretty hard going for any team that but blame Marcel.

It’s utterly bonkers that you’re still blaming silva for Kean’s lack of game time. Since he finally got his long awaited goal we’ve played 5 games and he hasn’t even been given a cumulative 90 minutes. All 3 managers have chosen to use him very sparingly. There are clearly reasons for that, the obvious one being that he isn’t ready to make an impact in the PL at this moment in time.

Do you not think had he had more game time earlier in the season that he wouldn’t be on the bench so much?

Do you not think had he had more game time earlier in the season that he wouldn’t be on the bench so much?
No. I think he’s been benched so much because he’s not very good (right now I mean). He hasn’t shown a lot, either when he’s started or when he’s come on. He looks like a talented young lad who needs to develop quite a bit before he’s ready to be playing 90 minutes for us.

Carlo said 3 players
Looking at the last 3 games we need
RB
CB
CM
LW
RW
All starters
That’s close to 200 m
It’s going to be a long process

Not if we start looking at some of our younger players giving them a chance, Look at Chelsea's young lad in midfield ran rings round ours.

Not if we start looking at some of our younger players giving them a chance, Look at Chelsea's young lad in midfield ran rings round ours.
I don’t know a lot of our youngsters but if any one of them was even half as good as Gilmore , Mount ,James etc they would already be straight into our first team
Gordon has shown little , that’s not a criticism just a fact
I’ve said it for ages now Unsworth needs to go
He wins trophies but fails at his main task ie getting players first team ready
Davies and Kenny are the only 2 to come through the academy and Davies is not good enough and the jury is still out on Kenny
I’m all in favour of promoting youth IF they are good enough
Sadly so far none of ours have proven to be
We bought Holgate , DCL and GIBSON

Status
Not open for further replies.