2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the whole of world football there wasn’t a player who could come in and improve that horror show of a midfield?

Brands failed him. He needs to be sacked in the summer if we are to progress the club. The man has had 2 (TWO) years to turn it around and if anything we are regressing

Not without spending silly money to fix a problem short term and add to an increasingly huge wage bill. Vecino seemed to be the target until Inter started playing silly beggars which underlines the problems with buying in January. Look at United, they were massively struggling to get Fernandes over the line because they refused to overspend, then got desperate and paid it anyway as well as go begging to China for a striker

Can we get rid of brands this summer please...can’t be trusted with the clubs money anymore... His signings aren’t even making the starting 11. Spending large amounts on iwobi, kean and Mina to strengthen the bench ain’t good enough! We need first team quality players! Richarlison is the exception being a brilliant signing but I think silva was behind that deal from his Watford days. Brands and Walsh have cost us so much money buying 2nd rate players. Do we need a DOF?

The thing thats worrying me is how his 1st season signings are starting to not look great. Digne has looked awful all season.

Can we get rid of brands this summer please...can’t be trusted with the clubs money anymore... His signings aren’t even making the starting 11. Spending large amounts on iwobi, kean and Mina to strengthen the bench ain’t good enough! We need first team quality players! Richarlison is the exception being a brilliant signing but I think silva was behind that deal from his Watford days. Brands and Walsh have cost us so much money buying 2nd rate players. Do we need a DOF?

Brands was, nothing to do with Silva

Look Brands has had a hit or miss time of things but let’s be honest here, all he can do is sign/sell players, he has no say in selecting them in the team or giving them instructions, that is on the manager and for the first six months of the season and a large chunk of last Silva failed to utilise those players to the best of their abilities hence why he was booted

Brands is now doing what should have been done from the get go, working alongside a top drawer manager and we will see the fruition of that this summer

Brands was, nothing to do with Silva

Look Brands has had a hit or miss time of things but let’s be honest here, all he can do is sign/sell players, he has no say in selecting them in the team or giving them instructions, that is on the manager and for the first six months of the season and a large chunk of last Silva failed to utilise those players to the best of their abilities hence why he was booted

Brands is now doing what should have been done from the get go, working alongside a top drawer manager and we will see the fruition of that this summer
3 of brands big money signings sat on the bench today and 2 didn’t even come on, surely that’s Carlos way of saying he don’t rate them highly enough

I read the interview with Ancelotti talking up our chances of winning trophies and being competitive in Europe.
I watched the Brands documentary thing on BT Sport - lots of informed football people raving about how good he is. I started to feel very positive about Everton football club.

And then I watched the match today.

I read the interview with Ancelotti talking up our chances of winning trophies and being competitive in Europe.
I watched the Brands documentary thing on BT Sport - lots of informed football people raving about how good he is. I started to feel very positive about Everton football club.

Agree. How the big dunc team beat them 3-1 transpired to that I don't know,

I wanted to give this post both the laughing and sad emoji as I felt they were both equally applicable , but I can't so I reverted to the old reliable thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.