2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're building the stadium now Dave......
See you've now changed your tact to, "saddle the club with massive debt".
Tell me Dave is that not normal then for a club to have a very large debt, when getting a new stadium ? Or do you think we should get it for free ?
I didn't say that.

• Four transfer windows since taking up his post: one summer a success; the other a massive failure and waste of cash; the two January windows completely wasted
  • Still we bear no fruit from the academy
  • Has had no input on managerial sackings and appointments
The three areas of his job in total and he's failing in each. Still, Sky Sports broadcast a puff piece acclaiming him as "The Architect" and all is well for many.

The feller is the living embodiment of the Peter Principle.

Wasn't just Sky - BT, BeIN, NBC, SuperSports and every network that hosts PL coverage aired it as it was a show produced inhouse by the PL for their magazine show as I've previously mentioned

Considering Vardy is still a Leicester player

I dont think they would - paper talk.
Kante 32m, twice the player Gana and half the age.

As much as i detest agreeing with Goaty...

1: Leicester accepted the £20mil for Vardy. Vardy declined to move to Arsenal and negotiated an improved contract.

2: Leicester sold Kante to Chelsea.

So Goaty is correct on both counts.

As for Gana, he wanted to go...30 years old £30mil is a decent fee...Gbamin if not injured so quickly could have morphed into Vieira.

What if Gana had suffered the same injury as Gbamin?

Wise move to sell.

Vardy still plays for Leicester City therefore they never sold him for £20 million.

Kante did have a release clause in his contract which basically allowed Chelsea to get him for a bargain fee.

I dont cry I just cant be doing with forum warriors who act tough online but wouldnt say boo to someone at the ground - may impress the other morons but those who roll in the gym can smell the insecurity through the computer :pint2:

hahaha

our transition to tory is complete only when we invite pistols or fencing.

Fencing is perfect with it being Usmanovs favourite sport.

I also own 2 pony's which I keep locked underneath my replica Titanic staircase and I'm more than happy to share for a jousting competition

Aldo & Pigeon Fiddler (the names of my 2 Pony's) would be more than happy to be let out of their cage for an afternoon.

Delph, iwobi and sidibe (I’ve completely done a u turn) are dreadful signings. I’m willing to give kean another season, based on one good game against Newcastle. So, I’m actually being generous. The centre half thing last year doesn’t look too bad given holgates progression, However, I think that one of Carlos first signings will be a top class centre half which adds further fuel to a dreadful window last summer. I did watch that programme though, and he came
Over good. Happy to continue to support him, but please don’t dress up last summers window.....no matter how much you like him.

As much as i detest agreeing with Goaty...

1: Leicester accepted the £20mil for Vardy. Vardy declined to move to Arsenal and negotiated an improved contract.

2: Leicester sold Kante to Chelsea.

So Goaty is correct on both counts.

As for Gana, he wanted to go...30 years old £30mil is a decent fee...Gbamin if not injured so quickly could have morphed into Vieira.

What if Gana had suffered the same injury as Gbamin?

Wise move to sell.
Both players had release clauses

Vardy had a £20m release clause, which we had no choice but to accept, luckily for us he said no to Arsenal and signed a new contract

Kante also had a release clause which was actually lower than the £32m but was for Champions League teams only, Chelsea weren’t in Europe but we accepted a higher offer from them while we could

Wasn't just Sky - BT, BeIN, NBC, SuperSports and every network that hosts PL coverage aired it as it was a show produced inhouse by the PL for their magazine show as I've previously mentioned
You've missed the point. Again.

It's not about who broadcast it, but why it was done and broadcast.

If it's a PL magazine show then they can be requested to do a story. We all know the club owners have always had an accommodating relationship with the league and their media, and vice versa. Myers, in particular, would have been influential in oiling a few media wheels.

Bottom line is that the piece was not justified. Regardless of what he did and didn't do with PSV, he's been on balance a poor addition to Everton's set up, and his control over the club is tenuous.

You've missed the point. Again.

It's not about who broadcast it, but why it was done and broadcast.

If it's a PL magazine show then they can be requested to do a story. We all know the club owners have always had an accommodating relationship with the league and their media, and vice versa. Myers, in particular, would have been influential in oiling a few media wheels.

Bottom line is that the piece was not justified. Regardless of what he did and didn't do with PSV, he's been on balance a poor addition to Everton's set up, and his control over the club is tenuous.

And you missed the point completely about why it was done, to give an insight into what Brands is all about for the clueless and promote the club. You of all people moan about a lack of interview time by Brands, yet when something positive like this pops up, giving you exactly what you want, you dismiss it completely because of your fixed bias. You, sir, will never be satisfied by anything done by or in benefit of the club unless it’s done to your self gratifying standards

And you missed the point completely about why it was done, to give an insight into what Brands is all about for the clueless and promote the club. You of all people moan about a lack of interview time by Brands, yet when something positive like this pops up, giving you exactly what you want, you dismiss it completely because of your fixed bias. You, sir, will never be satisfied by anything done by or in benefit of the club unless it’s done to your self gratifying standards
He wasn't interviewed. He was offered an opportunity to self promote and to allow others to shore up his reputation...such as it is.

Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.