2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone who'd be happy with the knowledge this feller will have a say in buying another player?

His spending of £250M on players and not remotely have a blend for the manager to work with is astounding.

This league is too big for Brands., The Everton job is way beyond his ability.

Mina
Digne
Iwobi
Delph
Gomes
Kean
Schneiderlin
Walcott

Not all Brands, but having the bulk of the team be players that weren’t good enough for bigger clubs isn’t working.

Our best players in recent years have been players stepping up with something to prove;

Jags, Lescott, Baines, Coleman, Arteta etc

We need to get back to that.

Is there anyone who'd be happy with the knowledge this feller will have a say in buying another player?

His spending of £250M on players and not remotely have a blend for the manager to work with is astounding.

This league is too big for Brands., The Everton job is way beyond his ability.
Thing is we have a top manager now, if Brands isnt up for it he will see right through him.

Mina
Digne
Iwobi
Delph
Gomes
Kean
Schneiderlin
Walcott

Not all Brands, but having the bulk of the team be players that weren’t good enough for bigger clubs isn’t working.

Our best players in recent years have been players stepping up with something to prove;

Jags, Lescott, Baines, Coleman, Arteta etc

We need to get back to that.

This - we keep adding failures to the team. When we sourced them from teams fighting at the top of the championship for their careers - we got better characters in my opinion.

That said, it's not fair to add Walcott and Schneiderlin, they were nothing to do with him.

His cross to DCL alone was far and away better than anything any other outfield player produced. I know everyone likes to hate him because they can’t actually form their own opinions, but ALL the problems we caused them today were caused by walcott. Doesn’t mean he’s brilliant, but credit where it’s due.
Tomato potato

still no end product

I'll never forgive him for selling our most important player to the richest club in the world for 30 million. All because of a supposed gentlemens agreement. What other club with aspirations for top 6 would take this from a player who was under contract?

I got pelters for criticising the Gana deal in the summer and looks worse the more time goes on.

£30 million for a beast 29 year old with stamina to burn from an oil rich club that spent a world record fee on a player only 2 seasons or so back.

Should have been £50-60 million or gtf Jamie Vardy is 32 and Leicester wouldnt sell for £30 million.

Embarassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.