2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it was, Sigurdsson is soooooo slow, you could see the difference today with Iwobi in the side instead of him, we had pace, movement and urgency in the final third, something we lack when Sigurdsson is playing.
The ball doesn’t go forward with Delph and Schneiderlin playing....the criticism for months has been the sideways passing and lack of forward movement.

He had no end product. It’s a strange one.....you like Iwobi because he ran around and had no end product, but you can’t stand Sigurdsson who scores and sets up more than virtually everyone else in the team.....don’t you want Silva sacked because he has no end product?
That's not true though is it,
Pretty sure iwobi has more goals and assists this season.....he makes himself available, always looks forward and is positive as well as having the pace to counter
When did I say I can't stand sig? He frustrates me because he doesn't make the most of his talent. For someone as skilled as him he should be dictating games. For me he goes missing too often. When he's on it he's a difference maker, it's just not often enough

How do you copme to that conclusion?

He handed Silva a clutch of summer signings that have struggled to get on the pitch, and he deserves credit for something?

Pfffffft!

I think you misunderstand me mate.
He (Silva) deserves some credit today (for once).
The signings not getting on the pitch are either through injury , or team selection. The latter is again down to Silva , and again you cannot put the blame anywhere else.

He just isnt a natural striker - when we get one you'll know exactly what I mean.

We were pretty average in Koemans 1st season truth be told but for all Roms faults his goals/ having 2 defenders on him all the time bought us valuable points that we currently dont get with the likes of DCL in the side.

God knows what the plan is with Kean

Quite a volte-face to now be calling Silva "God".

Im proud of you for recognising that you have been wrong about him.

Hats off.

Not at all.

The players were fired up by Silva. It's like plaiting sawdust getting this lot to all fire at the same time and keep their nerve. That's why we're up and down. No other manager could do any better with them. They have character defects and we're bought in that condition by Brands.

Silva did well today.

I dont agree about the individual players though,

Pickford
Digne
Mina
Davies
Gomes
Bernard
Iwobi
Richarlison
Kean

Those have shown in games that they hate losing...the others we havent seen enough of yet or dont seem to be bothered win/lose. He definitely went with winners today.

As for character defects, if they didnt need polishing then we wouldnt have got them.

Needs to start getting Kean involved - if he isn't ready up top get him out on the right over Walcott and lets see what he can do with a bit more space to operate in.

I agree with this BUT i think he needs gradual intros into a winning team. If we go 2 up at brighton then i think he'll come on sooner.

I wouldn’t take any the six you mentioned. Vardy in him prime yes, but he’s 32 and probably has a season maybe 2 left. Jimenez got less goals than Richarlison & siggurdsson last season cost wolves over 30mil and I’m sure he’s 28.

Ings will get 10goals 15 if he’s very lucky, decent forward. But not good enough.
Woods not even worth mentioning.
Wilson Bournemouth wanted 50mil apparently when Chelsea enquired. Got double figures fir the first time last season. Again he’s approaching 28. And has suffered bad injuries

Haller was probably the one Forward we may have looked at in the summer, but obviously Brands didn’t think he was value at 45mil.

Ive seen so many people mention us not getting a forward in, which is fair enough, but just look at the forwards above some would cost 50mil and are they really going to kick us on that much. Brands obviously thought there wasn’t value in the market, and couldn’t attract really quality. IE Werner, Dybala

So he went for a young forward, one of the best in the world at his age group. If he doesn’t think spending 40/50 on a 28yr old that at a push may get 15 goals. He’s not going to do it.

His philosophy is to buy young and buy potential. Which is going to require patience. I do think though if that top class player was willing to come and was going to cost 60mil he would do it.

Exactly, Mina is the core example. Took a season to get going and now looks top class.

If it takes Kean a season then so be it.

On the contrary , I can't think of a single manager who could do any worse with them. You can't have it both ways mate. When we are awful it is the coach's responsibility . In the same way he deserves some credit for todays performance. However , the fact remains that these performances are few and far between , and that is down to Silva.

Peculiar post...

A number of starters have been unfit / injured. Im not sure what the manager can do, hes not Mr Miyagi.

How do you copme to that conclusion?

He handed Silva a clutch of summer signings that have struggled to get on the pitch, and he deserves credit for something?

Pfffffft!

Its 9 games in Dave. The players contracts are for 4 or 5 years.

Silva and Brands are being solely judged on the short term (which is natural) but we need to change this mindset and think that every one of the new FOREIGN signings is over performing if they hit top gear within their first season.

Those like Iwobi have needed to get up to fitness as well...

This is why we need signings in Jan. They have to be brought in so we can integrate them over the 3nd half of the season and give them a full preseason.

Brands signings have all looked to me like they csn gel in a team which is still only 70% approx functional.

He had no end product. It’s a strange one.....you like Iwobi because he ran around and had no end product, but you can’t stand Sigurdsson who scores and sets up more than virtually everyone else in the team.....don’t you want Silva sacked because he has no end product?

End product meaning scoring? His end product was laying the ball off after driving forward with it.

If he had scored the 1-1 then he would have probably been a lot of peoples man of the match.

Night and day compared to Sigurdsson who did his stats today.

I think you misunderstand me mate.
He (Silva) deserves some credit today (for once).
The signings not getting on the pitch are either through injury , or team selection. The latter is again down to Silva , and again you cannot put the blame anywhere else.

Team selection, again Sidibe + Kean needed integrating. Gbamin / Gomes have been injured and iwobi no preseason.

There will be other examples too...richarlison must be tired...

7 Brands players yesterday with good showings. The guy knows what he's doing. Very few complete misses.

I would say no complete misses so far.

People like to focus on what he missed, the CB ive mentioned loads of times, with big Yezza coming off yesterday that rooster could be coming home next week, but lets hope not. Others have mentioned the lack of a Striker, I know Kean is young, but in my eyes he got a Striker, so no miss for me there. But as for signings.

Digne - Defo in the top 3 LBs in the league, without any doubt.
Rico - A bit up and down form-wise and he needs to stop rolling around on the floor, but only a fool wouldnt consider him a total hit
Delph - We knew he had an injury record, very cheap for that reason, but ive gotta be putting him as a maybe for now, will only be able to judge him after a full season to determine whether he was a hit or not.
Mina - He only knows clean sheets
Iwobi - Before yesterday he was already a hit for me, yesterday just reinforced it
Sidibe - Rumours of him getting returned would seem unfounded, bloody Italian media
Bernard - La Magica
Gomes - Mikel lite for now, but with so much more to come
Gbmalmmo - Very unlucky with injury, time will judge
Kean - Hasnt really had a chance, young and needs time
Lossl - No idea

So for me thats 7 hits and 4 question marks.

I would say no complete misses so far.

People like to focus on what he missed, the CB ive mentioned loads of times, with big Yezza coming off yesterday that rooster could be coming home next week, but lets hope not. Others have mentioned the lack of a Striker, I know Kean is young, but in my eyes he got a Striker, so no miss for me there. But as for signings.

Digne - Defo in the top 3 LBs in the league, without any doubt.
Rico - A bit up and down form-wise and he needs to stop rolling around on the floor, but only a fool wouldnt consider him a total hit
Delph - We knew he had an injury record, very cheap for that reason, but ive gotta be putting him as a maybe for now, will only be able to judge him after a full season to determine whether he was a hit or not.
Mina - He only knows clean sheets
Iwobi - Before yesterday he was already a hit for me, yesterday just reinforced it
Sidibe - Rumours of him getting returned would seem unfounded, bloody Italian media
Bernard - La Magica
Gomes - Mikel lite for now, but with so much more to come
Gbmalmmo - Very unlucky with injury, time will judge
Kean - Hasnt really had a chance, young and needs time
Lossl - No idea

So for me thats 7 hits and 4 question marks.

Quite amazing hes signed 11 players in such a short time.

Who are the other 2 left backs, Robertson+ ?

Quite amazing hes signed 11 players in such a short time.

Who are the other 2 left backs, Robertson+ ?

Well for me hes the best, I was being kind to the rest by saying top 3.

But Robertson, then its Chillwell, Mendy if he could ever stay fit, any of them, not loads of quality in that area around the league to be honest, the Celtic lad has had some good reviews but he never plays.

But why hasnt he rebuilt the whole squad in 12months mert?

I managed it in 5minutes on my latest FM save.

I remember this when I played this.

Day 1 am - meet the press and team
Day 1 pm - Offer Phil Neville to clubs and fine him 2 weeks wages for unprofessional behaviour
Day 2 am - Neville demands to speak to with manager. Tell him he has no place at the club.
Day 2 pm - Hold team meeting as players are upset and assure them a better player will be signed to replace him
Day 5 - confirm sale of Neville to Portsmouth for £4m
Day 6 - confirm purchase of Moutinho for £12m

Glory days

Status
Not open for further replies.