2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not blaming Brands for the inability of the manager to get a tune out of what i consider a good first team. I do blame him for leaving us short .
If we had a good first team then we wouldn't, by definition, be left short.

He's getting stick because we have a first team that isn't up to snuff because there's been no thought gone into blending a team.

We have good defenders being asked to continually play a defensive system that has failed time and time again because of a stubborn, clueless dolt

We don’t score enough because said dolt has only one tactic, play to the flanks and cross it in instead of playing to our strikers strengths. We have an England u21 international who is good in the air being asked to be a lone striker, an young full Italian international who thrives on balls being played through the middle getting misused as a lone striker of the bench and a Turkish international who is also good on the ground not even getting a chance to play

The clown is too stubborn/scared to play 2 up top and it’s killing our chances of actually doing anything in this league
Who are our `good defenders'.

Last year we had Zouma is a very good `defender' and Gueye who is in the top few `defensive midfielders' in the world.

Now we have Keane who is a paceless/immobile/poor defender at prem level, Mina (at times looks capable - at others lacks discipline. positioning etc),
Coleman (a once excellent defender, but on fast decline), Digne (excellent attacking full back, average defender) Pickford (error prone keeper who inspires nil confidence in his defence) and thats before we start asking who in midfield protects our defence.

All this is a huge factor in why we are in the relegation zone.

Last year we had Zouma is a very good `defender' and Gueye who is in the top few `defensive midfielders' in the world.

Now we have Keane who is a paceless/immobile/poor defender at prem level, Mina (at times looks capable - at others lacks discipline. positioning etc),
Coleman (a once excellent defender, but on fast decline), Digne (excellent attacking full back, average defender) Pickford (error prone keeper who inspires nil confidence in his defence) and thats before we start asking who in midfield protects our defence.

Our defensive record puts us 13th in the league
Our attacking record puts us 18th in the league

Which suggests to me our attack is more to blame than our defence.

Our defensive record puts us 13th in the league
Our attacking record puts us 18th in the league

Which suggests to me our attack is more to blame than our defence.
Can we just conclude we are crap in defence and epically bad upfront

I don't want to know how bad our midfield is. Does it even make the graph!

He's getting stick because we have a first team that isn't up to snuff because there's been no thought gone into blending a team.

That's categorically untrue, you need more than 11 players these days, you need 2 players of good quality competing for a spot, if you have intentions of being top 6. Ergo We are short.

All 5 players are good players, they wouldn’t be internationals if they weren’t, they aren’t the problem. Any smart manager would realise that a stifling tactic such as zonal marking doesn’t work and tries to play by each player’s strengths problem is we don’t have a smart manager, we have a very stubborn one who doesn’t see it as a fault

We scored 6 goals (and 3 im one gamę). Our attack is much bigger issue than our defence IMO.

You chat some wham dave but wow this one takes the biscuit.

That's categorically untrue, you need more than 11 players these days, you need 2 players of good quality competing for a spot, if you have intentions of being top 6. Ergo We are short.

You chat some wham dave but wow this one takes the biscuit.
There is no first team there to choose: the strikers are all pretty much the same; the midfield lacks a dominant figure; the defence is pacthed up from last season and short of personnel.

Brands bought players as individuals and badly...£35M for Iwobi FFS! He should be sacked just for that.

His biggest task, and for me the one he will be most judged on, is sorting out our next manager. Anyone half decent in this current league would have had us in the top 4 at this point of the season. So it really shouldnt be too difficult. Not sure when it will be and I'm sure Brands is working on it. That is his acid test. Get it right and we go forward as a club.

There is no first team there to choose: the strikers are all pretty much the same; the midfield lacks a dominant figure; the defence is pacthed up from last season and short of personnel.

Brands bought players as individuals and badly...£35M for Iwobi FFS! He should be sacked just for that.
The manager has proceeded to pick Delph and Morgan despite other options available and it's sadly unfortunate that Gomes and Gbamin got injured so early.
The strikers are not all the same, Kean is levels above all of them yet he can't get a sniff because Silva is a moron.
The defence a case can be made against Brands but for me if Brands brought another CB in that wasn't Zouma say Tomori for example, Mina and Keane would be our first choice regardless, It was Zouma or bust for Silva and Chelsea wasn't playing, Not arguing the case for not getting another CB in but still.
Then again this is all pointless because you've been on a Brands agenda all summer transfer window so this will just go through one ear and then into the black hole you call your brain never to be seen again.

The manager has proceeded to pick Delph and Morgan despite other options available and it's sadly unfortunate that Gomes and Gbamin got injured so early.
The strikers are not all the same, Kean is levels above all of them yet he can't get a sniff because Silva is a moron.
The defence a case can be made against Brands but for me if Brands brought another CB in that wasn't Zouma say Tomori for example, Mina and Keane would be our first choice regardless, It was Zouma or bust for Silva and Chelsea wasn't playing, Not arguing the case for not getting another CB in but still.
Then again this is all pointless because you've been on a Brands agenda all summer transfer window so this will just go through one ear and then into the black hole you call your brain never to be seen again.

He’s been on it since Brands was appointed, Dave doesn’t believe we need a DoF at the club because it undermines managers

He’s been on it since Brands was appointed, Dave doesn’t believe we need a DoF at the club because it undermines managers
Moise Kean wouldn't have glanced at this club if it wasn't for Brands, We're talking about one of the most highly thought of teenagers in the football game. Doesn't matter to dave though because he got rid of Gana which is his go to excuse.

None of that rebuffed my claim that we are incoherent in all departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.