2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the decision to sack the manager may already be more or less made, but first I think we may be lining up his replacement.
The international break gives the club some time to make a decision and act on it before we play again,.
We have been very poor this season and our performances gave mirrored our results, but when I look at the players we have at the club there is quite a lot of quality there for a new manager to work with.

With a different formation and a quicker tempo I think we could be decent. I think a new manager would shake some of our players out of the comfort zone they appear to be in.

I think the decision to sack the manager may already be more or less made, but first I think we may be lining up his replacement.
The international break gives the club some time to make a decision and act on it before we play again,.
We have been very poor this season and our performances gave mirrored our results, but when I look at the players we have at the club there is quite a lot of quality there for a new manager to work with.

With a different formation and a quicker tempo I think we could be decent. I think a new manager would shake some of our players out of the comfort zone they appear to be in.

Wouldn’t even think we are mildly close to sacking the manager to be honest. Just my opinion, I’d be fairly surprised.

I think he will he told to ditch zonal first.

then to consider not using two defensive mids

then when both of those don’t work he will get sacked and we will prepare for life in the championship.

someone pass me the bleach

It's completely relevant to what you were saying. If you don't understand that then I can't help you.
It really isn’t though. The post you were replying to was saying that Leicester has underachieved last season, hence them sacking their manager when 11th. You replied by saying we finished above them. That doesn’t diminish the point in any way, because I’d never suggested otherwise.

International break is the perfect time to bring in a new manager. He won’t have a lot of the players there to train but it gives him a couple of weeks to get used to the club, see what’s what, formulate a few strategies.

Now or never for me personally.

I know the playing side is down to the manager, but as his boss, in any other business it would be Brands' job to pull Silva up about e.g. repeated hopeless defending at set pieces. That he seemingly allows it to go on forever unchecked raises a question mark.

I know the playing side is down to the manager, but as his boss, in any other business it would be Brands' job to pull Silva up about e.g. repeated hopeless defending at set pieces. That he seemingly allows it to go on forever unchecked raises a question mark.

I honestly don't think that is his job.

He's here to sign the cheques, be in charge of scouting and recruitment.

In terms of team set up, why does anyone think he has any more influence than members of this forum?

I think Brands' remit in this aspect is to account to the board (of which he is a member) and owner on Silva's performance. If it gets into the nitty-gritty of a critique on Silva's zonal marking then as I see it this would be implied criticism anyway.

They may even discuss it but I'd imagine that would be perceived as a loaded discussion on Silva's part and a shot across the bows. Their professional relationship should be focused primarily on results, or the lack of them. In time, as things stand, Silva's results will speak for themselves.

How do you know he isn't?

I think he will he told to ditch zonal first.

then to consider not using two defensive mids

then when both of those don’t work he will get sacked and we will prepare for life in the championship.

someone pass me the bleach
Brands has no place telling a manager what tactics to employ. Even if it's the correct advice. He is there to buy players, get a manager in to play a certain brand of football.

Massive slippery slope if he starts doing that, and I doubt no manager worth their salt would touch Everton if that sort of thing was happening.

Seems to me that no one actually knows what this fellas role is....is he just a negotiator? Is he a scout? Does he get involved with the players (I’ve heard he’s in the dressing room a lot). Does he get involved with the tactics, team selection? Does he have any clout as to hiring and firing of managers? Or is that still moshiri? The fact that no one actually knows, we are just guessing really, just about sums up the state we are in. His title says director of football. Well mate, the football you’re directing is terd. So sort it....

Next appointment for coach has to be attributable to Brands. I don't get any sense of pressure on him from within the club with Silva taking all the heat at the moment.

He can say Silva ain't his man and fair enough. One decent and one ropey summer transfer window under his belt now. He needs to have ownership and culpability for our results. That'll sharpen his focus right up. If Silva stays that needs to be on Brands.

So...

We have a manager who can't defend set pieces historically, his team's struggle to come back from conceding, relegated a club, loses more than he wins in England....

And people are now blaming the director of football? Questioning the signings? Blaming him for the managers shortcomings?

Seriously?

I've said my bit on brands more than once on this thread so I won't cover old ground . But it's getting ridiculous if people genuinely want to blame brands for what's happening on the pitch. Literally blame anyone and everyone when it's clearly the manager who just isn't good enough.

It's embarrassing to blame the one person at the club who has actually done what he has meant to do.

One thing I will say again as it needs to be said , I wonder how much better a job transfer wise brands could do if he didn't have a load of deadwood on 80 grand a week to shift out before we could afford to pay new players.

Do people think we have 100s of millions every single summer to spend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.