2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our squad has improved significantly since brands came in.

Not that you´d know it looking at them play but that is probably down to the manager. The squad is filled with good players but very little star quality to turn a game. You can set up right and stifle us very easily as a consequence. I say it all the time about Brands, he needs to unearth some absolute gems for us to compete with the top 6. Very difficult but it´s what we need.

Not that you´d know it looking at them play but that is probably down to the manager. The squad is filled with good players but very little star quality to turn a game. You can set up right and stifle us very easily as a consequence. I say it all the time about Brands, he needs to unearth some absolute gems for us to compete with the top 6. Very difficult but it´s what we need.
We're underperforming badly. Maybe we're not top 6 quality but considering our fixtures that have been very kind, to be in 17th is appalling.

Hope he's already on the blower to the agents getting his shortlist together. International break gives us the perfect chance to make a change.

Very little star quality to change a game is spot on.
Most other sides have a player who will make something happen or lift the performance with a bit of brilliance - a quality glaringly absent from the current shower.

We're underperforming badly. Maybe we're not top 6 quality but considering our fixtures that have been very kind, to be in 17th is appalling.

Yeah, it´s awful. I guess the only positive is that we were on an even worse run last year and finished the season strong. Decent/good Premier League teams like us go through good and bad patches. Doesn´t make it any easier but it´ll probably turnaround.

Yeah, it´s awful. I guess the only positive is that we were on an even worse run last year and finished the season strong. Decent/good Premier League teams like us go through good and bad patches. Doesn´t make it any easier but it´ll probably turnaround.
Last year Silva had more of an excuse though. This year it's on him!

Very little star quality to change a game is spot on.
Most other sides have a player who will make something happen or lift the performance with a bit of brilliance - a quality glaringly absent from the current shower.

Exactly, we´ve spent big on players who are good footballers but we just need more from them when it really counts. There´s no one who you could really look to in this team for that, possibly Richarlison but his all round game just isn´t good enough to drag the team through.

Signed our only decent centre half
Signed the perfect replacement for Baines on the cheap
Signed Bernard on a free who is criminally underrated
Signed a 19-year old Italy international that's nominated for the Golden Boy award on the cheap
Signed a starting forward for the Brazil national team

Why is this guy being compared to Walsh?

Siggy, fraud and DCL playing regular and most would argue there in lies the problem. Yet blame brands?

Let’s see brands players get a run of games then pass our overly critical judgments
Seriously?!? How ? Silly response that is.
I thought we covered this a week ago. Brands does not select squad.

Ok, why do you think Brands players aren’t getting a run of games? You defend him and then complain about sub standard players still getting games. Why do you think them players are still getting games. I’d hazard a guess and say that the players we’ve brought in aren’t good enough. We can argue, he hasn’t strengthened in the right areas. In which case, we can be critical of Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.