2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahaha. Let's have a look at some of your posts over the last 24 hours shall we?

Just because you're staggering round like the forum drunk changing your opinion more often than you change your undies, doesn't mean we all are. That's some proper cryarsing you've been doing, at least I've got the courage in my convictions to not change my mind to fit in with what other people are saying.

Also what is it with so many of you seemingly not being able to read? I was just responding to your made up post about why we couldn't possibly have attracted another centre half, not cry arsing or searching for negatives. I am fully aware that the window is closed and there's nothing I can do about our options at centre half. If you're allowed to say it's fine and we'll be grand then i'm allowed to disagree. It's pretty simple, no?
We signed Iwobi as another striking option, not Zaha so I’m comfortable with that, this resolves the extra attacking option.

The centre half issue wasn’t resolved, so we go with what we’ve got.
Rojo seemed a bad idea at the time to me but I suppose as cover in hindsight he would have been fine.

I actually mistook you for @HKIV hence the cry arsing comment but can see now that was a mistake, apologies for that.

Jimmy its like speaking to 5 year olds.

They just are incapable of analysing past results, perfomances and the likely future ones.
They don't reason, debate, rationalise.

'Wait and see', `We tried to get a centre half but wasnt to be', `Who knows', `Holgate will improve', `Mina will be fine', `Wait and see if anyone gets injured', `Kean WILL improve us'. `Gbamin replaces Gueye so 9/10'.

Its so childish. No proper analysis. No detailed description or understanding why we are left in a ridiculously perilous state in central defence despite mammoth investment in wages/players the last few years.

Why are attacking hopes are pinned on a 19 year old. NINETEEN.

It seems the bulk of fans are fine with 8th place each year and an early exit in the cups.

I witnessed our greatest years in the 80's. The culture of the place was so different, even in 80/81/82 when we were gash.

There was expectation that every player was capable of competing at the highest level of the division. Mediocraty was not acceptable. That was why we had such a rich history of success.

That culture has dissapated.

I am lucky to have had some great times, I would love the young evertonians starved of success to witness something similar but I am just not seeing anything that makes that likely other than an owner (clueless about footballing matters) giving us a chance by pumping fortunes in.

Mina is trash? What are you basing that on, he is a Colombia international and good enough to get signed by both Everton and Barcelona
Hahahahaha. Let's have a look at some of your posts over the last 24 hours shall we?

Just because you're staggering round like the forum drunk changing your opinion more often than you change your undies, doesn't mean we all are. That's some proper cryarsing you've been doing, at least I've got the courage in my convictions to not change my mind to fit in with what other people are saying.

Also what is it with so many of you seemingly not being able to read? I was just responding to your made up post about why we couldn't possibly have attracted another centre half, not cry arsing or searching for negatives. I am fully aware that the window is closed and there's nothing I can do about our options at centre half. If you're allowed to say it's fine and we'll be grand then i'm allowed to disagree. It's pretty simple, no?

Not sure why you are attacking that guys comments. He was spot on in my opinion. This team has more potential for relegation than top 4 and brands should be culpable. It wouldn't be fair for anyone to get on silvas back this season as this team Is utter crap compared to the level of where we are supposed to be. I keep hearing new players told to say they have joined a big club with great history. Big club my arse.

The state of that window Is horrendous considering what it could have been. Absolute joke and brands has to take the blame for what will be a pathetically mediocre season

They just are incapable of analysing past results, perfomances and the likely future ones.

'Wait and see', `We tried to get a centre half but wasnt to be', `Who knows', `Holgate will improve', `Mina will be fine', `Wait and see if anyone gets injured', `Kean WILL improve us'. `Gbamin replaces Gueye so 9/10'.

Its so childish. No proper analysis. No detailed description or understanding why we are left in a ridiculously perilous state in central defence despite mammoth investment in wages/players the last few years.

It seems the bulk of fans are fine with 8th place each year and an early exit in the cups.

I witnessed our greatest years in the 80's. The culture of the place was so different, even in 80/81/82 when we were gash.

There was expectation that every player was capable of competing at the highest level of the division. Mediocraty was not acceptable. That was why we had such a rich history of success.

I am lucky to have had some great times, I would love the young evertonians starved of success to witness something similar but I am just not seeing anything that makes that likely other than an owner (clueless about footballing matters) giving us a chance by pumping fortunes in.

So in summary, we are not as good as we were in the 80’s.

Thanks for that enlightenment Zzzzz

aaaand ignored.

Not sure why you are attacking that guys comments. He was spot on in my opinion. This team has more potential for relegation than top 4 and brands should be culpable. It wouldn't be fair for anyone to get on silvas back this season as this team Is utter crap compared to the level of where we are supposed to be. I keep hearing new players told to say they have joined a big club with great history. Big club my arse.

The state of that window Is horrendous considering what it could have been. Absolute joke and brands has to take the blame for what will be a pathetically mediocre season

Wow.

lol lol lol lost it.

Post it in here

Man, I’m all for opinions but the blatant trolling and predictions of relegation because we didn’t get a player in ONE position despite strengthening in other areas is borderline insanity
Said this very thing yesterday.

I don't even recognise these posters at all either, as if they just showed up out of thin air 24 hours ago...

It's a fair point mate, but lets give some analysis to each point you've made. Holgate will likely get better, he had a good loan last season and is a young player. Mina dominated in the World Cup, has had a year to acclimatise to English football so why wouldn't he be ok? When partnered with Keane they concede less than a goal a game.

Our hopes are not pinned on a 19 year old. Dominic Calvert Lewin will start the season, the lad who dominated some of the leagues leading defences at the back end of the season. At present he is backed up by a Turkish international and a Brazilian International. The 19 year old you mention is regarded as one of the best teenagers in world football.

I am not sure the relevance of the 80's comments. Unless we are planning to sign the reincarnation of Gray, Reid, Sharp etc I don't see the relevance. We can't sign players who are good enough for the top 6 currently, they won't come, so we have bought a group of lads who are largely under 25 and who are keen to get better.

We need more. The lack of a CB is a glaring omission. It will likely not be breached next season but whats critical is we don't fall off the wagon like 2 years ago. We need to keep the momentum and keep improving.

We clearly wanted Zaha and Doucoure, but at present we are viewed as a big enough jump up. If we get into the top 6 we likely will be able too, which will make a big difference.

The biggest thing about the culture in the80's was we had a young manager, who went and signed a number of younger players who were often discarded by top teams (Harper/Sheedy) and moulded them into the best team in the world. We are trying to do similar. It took Kendall 5 years.

No mate.

I wasn’t attacking him, I was just asking on what basis he determined an Ex Barcelona, international that has played in the world cup to be “trash”

Proper bit of bed wetting going on there mate. I have heard that bed wetting can lead to writing codswallop too. Who'd have thunk. :eek:

We will be fine. It is going to be a good season with some cracking quality on display. :)

It's a fair point mate, but lets give some analysis to each point you've made. Holgate will likely get better, he had a good loan last season and is a young player. Mina dominated in the World Cup, has had a year to acclimatise to English football so why wouldn't he be ok? When partnered with Keane they concede less than a goal a game.

Our hopes are not pinned on a 19 year old. Dominic Calvert Lewin will start the season, the lad who dominated some of the leagues leading defences at the back end of the season. At present he is backed up by a Turkish international and a Brazilian International. The 19 year old you mention is regarded as one of the best teenagers in world football.

I am not sure the relevance of the 80's comments. Unless we are planning to sign the reincarnation of Gray, Reid, Sharp etc I don't see the relevance. We can't sign players who are good enough for the top 6 currently, they won't come, so we have bought a group of lads who are largely under 25 and who are keen to get better.

We need more. The lack of a CB is a glaring omission. It will likely not be breached next season but whats critical is we don't fall off the wagon like 2 years ago. We need to keep the momentum and keep improving.

We clearly wanted Zaha and Doucoure, but at present we are viewed as a big enough jump up. If we get into the top 6 we likely will be able too, which will make a big difference.

The biggest thing about the culture in the80's was we had a young manager, who went and signed a number of younger players who were often discarded by top teams (Harper/Sheedy) and moulded them into the best team in the world. We are trying to do similar. It took Kendall 5 years.
`Holgate will likely get better' - on what basis, he was average in the championship.
`Mina dominated in the World Cup' - bizarre statement. He scored a couple of goals from corners.
`Dominic Calvert Lewin will start the season, the lad who dominated some of the leagues leading defences at the back end of the season' - good grief, he has never shown anything to suggest he will ever be a regular top 8 prem striker with decent strike rate.
`We can't sign players who are good enough for the top 6 currently, they won't come' - just utter nonsense. Weve bought Awobi/Richarlison/Kean - we just need a lot more like them.

We got crazy lucky to have a great manager at the time in the 80's and bought excellent players who were all leaders. That = success.
But the culture of the club and supporters helped and allowed that to happen. That led to a culture within that
dressing room similar to United under Ferguson and for so many times at the kopites.
We need that culture back. Accepting responsibility, expecting success.
Just look at Silva in the press conference today. If I was one of his players I would be laughing.
He seems resigned to his fate, talking up players that have left more than the ones here.

Status
Not open for further replies.