2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that analysis is spot on plus we have cleared some of the deadwood. There is still an opportunity to nibble further with the European windows being open for a few more weeks.
Can we still buy from the leagues that are still open ?

So disappointed in the failure to sign a centre half and thoroughly underwhelmed by Iwobi.

He's smashed it otherwise, but it's still not a great window because of the above.

We've had a good window. Cover at the back is the only real complaint. It's not trivial by any means but how many squads come through the window feeling like they've addressed every weakness they have?

Can't help but wonder if Marcel and Marco are on the same page. Seems very odd to me that we didn't secure a centre half and we didn't secure Doucoure or similar. By the looks of it, Marco wants to go to a 4 3 3 but either Brands is incompetent or Silva is digging in his heels and only accepting certain players.

Can't help but wonder if Marcel and Marco are on the same page. Seems very odd to me that we didn't secure a centre half and we didn't secure Doucoure or similar. By the looks of it, Marco wants to go to a 4 3 3 but either Brands is incompetent or Silva is digging in his heels and only accepting certain players.

Very worrying indeed. Figuring Silva’s comments on his priority.

“What is the priority is the central defender, when cannot go through a tough season with Mason [Holgate], Michael [Keane] and [Yerry] Mina – even if the boy [Lewis] Gibson is working with us, he’s not ready yet for this level,” Silva told the Liverpool Echo.

7/10 for me.

Had our targets, wasn’t willing to budge from our evaluation of players. Maybe should have had replacement target instead of zouma. Win some, lose some. Has a free ride till this time next season for me. January window difficult one. I trust him

The two key purchases of the summer were a replacement for Zouma and a striker.

Never mind the other signings those two should have been (as feasible as possible) first through the door.

We now have potential for greater goalscoring upfront...and potential to be walked through at the back.

How on earth has he delivered a turd sandwich like that?

Before we signed Kean I said we need a proper CB and the window shuts and he does not get one. For me that basically puts business at a very poor passmark of 50%. It was so obvious that this was a massive priority before the RB before The Arsenal player before anything and not a walking red card with VAR this season like a Rojo. Very very poor planning and negligence from Brands. He barely scrapes a pass for the window. Very Disappointing.

Terrible at selling. Loans out to many players.

All his principles of signing young players goes out the window when it’s easy for him.

Too much pressure for him, and he didn’t deal with it well this window.

At PSV there is 5 kids who can ‘do a job’ in first team if there’s an injury. It doesn’t work like that in the premiership.

He’s noicibly slow and that’s because of the pace PSV operate, hopefully over time he improves.

I won’t repeat myself, but I think most who have read my posts, know who I want to replace him with.

Status
Not open for further replies.