2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, us as Evertonians are a very impatient bunch. I have learnt as you get older to chill a little, we all want the best and success for the club. We demand transfers now, we demand that Brands must bring in Messi now, its just how we are. Why? Because we all care, we all act in different ways. Someone thinks Kenny is better than Coleman, that's their opinion. What I have learnt through the 80s 90s 00s and now, is Everton will never fail to frustrate us and never fail to let us down, but we will all be back, crazy for it at the start of every season. I am glad we have MB in the club and I don't blame any of these mega bucks signings on him. As a poster said above, probably gonna be another 12 months until we see the real Brands / Silva squad. Everton FC, its for life

He's better than Coleman was at his age.

It's disappointing from the perspective that we're told time and again that the Brands model is to bring good young players into the club and to lower the age of the first team, and supplement these purchases with good young players coming though the club.

What do we get though this summer? A good young player allowed to go out on loan (when the player he's there to deputise for has gone down hill in form for a year or so) and then Brands re-signs a 34 going on 35 year old to deputise for Digne.

It's irrational...IF the much vaunted model is as real as Brands' fan club believe and declare it to be.

I think we’ll understand the Kenny deal more, when we see what we do about backup right back for this season.

If we sign a 29 year old journeyman, then Kenny is seen as the future right back who needs 30 games to improve.

If we sign a 20 year old prospect, then Kenny’s future lies elsewhere.

For what it’s worth, I’d have kept him and given him some games this season.

I think we’ll understand the Kenny deal more, when we see what we do about backup right back for this season.

If we sign a 29 year old journeyman, then Kenny is seen as the future right back who needs 30 games to improve.

If we sign a 20 year old prospect, then Kenny’s future lies elsewhere.

For what it’s worth, I’d have kept him and given him some games this season.
This could be spot on

To be fair Dave, he could build a flux-capacitor, go back to 1958 with Doc Brown and sign Pele for a fiver and you'd still give him a hard time

5 quid is a lot of money for that time and would be over paying , he would probably require a work pernit and pele isn’t suited or proved In The prem, also your not factoring in the cost of the uranium needed for the trip although that would show as “ other operating costs” along with lawn mowers, it still has to be factored in. That before we even get into the renovations and repairs to goodison after the lybians come looking for him

He's better than Coleman was at his age.

It's disappointing from the perspective that we're told time and again that the Brands model is to bring good young players into the club and to lower the age of the first team, and supplement these purchases with good young players coming though the club.

What do we get though this summer? A good young player allowed to go out on loan (when the player he's there to deputise for has gone down hill in form for a year or so) and then Brands re-signs a 34 going on 35 year old to deputise for Digne.

It's irrational...IF the much vaunted model is as real as Brands' fan club believe and declare it to be.

Kenny is better at crossing the ball than Coleman and that is it. Pace, aggression, physicality, tackling, defending, positioning, in the air, leadership, Coleman has him trounced in every department.

If Kenny finds a yard of pace and a bit of strength then he might become a decent option burr for the level we want to be at he’s not good enough simple as that. Coleman probably isn’t either but he’s still currently miles better than Kenny. Coleman at his peak isn’t even a comparison.

I give credit where due.

If he starts selling decent players for decent fees it'll be far more impressive than buying players. Buying is the easy part of the job.

The feller has no pedigree of selling average players for fees. If he fails again for the third window running this summer, I think we can take it for granted he can only do one side of that job.

For the last time , I’m assuming you agree these average players aren’t good enough? That their salaries far exceed their ability? If brands signed them for the fees your expecting and and paid them the salaries they’re currently on , you would quite rightly be able to criticise. The thing is you expect some other club to pay high fees and massive salaries to players that can’t get on our team, something which won’t happen unless Walsh gets another DOF job. He should be judged on his incomings and ability to offload players salaries and balance the books atm. I’m a few years after they’re all gone and the players he has signed start being sold and he reinvests , that’s when you will be able to gauge how good or bad he is . The next 2 years or so is a period where he will be cleaning up the mess from before

Didn’t he (Martinez) sign Alcaraz and Kone in that period?

Signed half of the relagated Wigan team and took all the back room staff too, not happy with that tried to get mcmannaman and then got in mgeady . Then shocking signings included signing Kone and Alcatraz for the second time in iOS career and then chose to pay nearly double his original bid for mori when VVD was available for the same money. Let’s not forget paying for niasse without even scouting him properly, the team weren’t fit enough to play 90mins and he insisted on attacking even when 2-0 up and losing games waiting the final 10 mins was embarrassing. Our goals against column grew every season he was here and has through this career , our league placing never improved and got worse the longer he was here.

I'm so confused.

So both Coleman and Kenny are poor, but we should be outraged that we've sent one of them on loan? Kenny still has potential, though, so when we bring in a new right back, we'd rather the player with potential sit on the bench all the time? Or is the suggestion to sell Coleman?

So confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.