2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbh, I have no major complaints about his summer signing haul. However, he hasn't proven he can sell players yet, and his failure to act in the January placed Silva under major pressure.
Oh yes, THIS makes sense *rolls eyes*.

His failure to overpay for players in January, that have lead to this debacle of Silva having to prove himself, and the team capable of going 3-0 against top 6 teams in 5 weeks, beating them with a score of 8-0.

Davek thought the team wasnt good enough to do that. Brands thought it was. Who was right? Stay tuned next week for Daveks next crazy theory about how right he was about being wrong!

Oh yes, THIS makes sense *rolls eyes*.
His failure to overpay for players in January, that have lead to this debacle of Silva having to prove himself, and the team capable of going 3-0 against top 6 teams in 5 weeks, beating them with a score of 8-0.
Davek thought the team wasnt good enough to do that. Brands thought it was. Who was right? Stay tuned next week for Daveks next crazy theory about how right he was about being wrong!
It's simple: Silva had to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He did that by getting every last ounce out of DCL and has switched an over-used Richarlison back onto the wing he should never have been taken away from.

In short: dont put the turnaround down to Brands. It happened despite his sitting back and folding his arms back in January.

This summer I want to see Brands step up and properly support this very good manager of ours.

Looking forward to what wizard Brands has for us this summer, a month or so ago I wasn't at all excited for the new season but, well you can't help it can you, until it all goes pear shaped.

Genuinely excited to see what he can do in the summer. Bit concerned that keeping Zouma and Gomes will take most of the budget though

There will be a thorough plan though.

If keeping Gomes and Zouma depletes the budget, and that is considered the best way forward for continuity, then we can explore the loan market again for a couple more potential signings.

Brands stated that the work required would take a few seasons.

I’m a little perplexed at people (@davek) not acknowledging how well Brands has done. I can appreciate that some fans get carried away with a little progress, but given the time and lack of resources implemented by the club - not Brands choosing at all - however if he did decide the austerity needed to address the crazy financial position then even more credit to Brands. How anyone can question Brands is crazy.

Granted, Brands’ time will be marked over a longer period than one year, but already the signs are positive. Brands didn’t decide to sign all the gash on the books, but he’s shrewd and got them off the payroll (not all). It’s not going to happen overnight, but anyone not confident of the fellas actions possibly needs reminding how bad this squad was just last season.

Brands’ is human and may make a mistake, we may let a player go who he decides is not suited/weak/mentally etc... and they move elsewhere and progress and he will make successes of players within the academy set-up or procure talent from outside the club which will be open for criticism but his decisions are so important for the club progressing. By all means criticism is for all but I just feel it’s premature.

I’m just respecting how difficult a task he has and acknowledge some good decisions he has made so far and look forward to him implementing more of his guidance upon the club.

In terms of his signings all have contributed, maybe not consistently, but they have all been good signings - for differing reasons we’ve seen Mina (injuries), Gomes (form) and Bernard (fitness) not perform 100% all out of his reach of influence.

I recall @davek some time ago wanting the club to be more communicative, yet when Bramds releases his vague transfer plans a few weeks ago - He took criticism.

Yet the message that was put out there was clear concise and as open as a club can be without naming players. This gives the fans a little bit of scope that the work next year is already his focus and ultimately his time and resources have been busy - Not twiddling his fingers in January, because he was lazy, but rather he was busy looking beyond a period that is proven to be inflated and little value for money - one of the biggest restrictions facing the club.

Credit to Silva too, just getting on with the task at hand - Not coming out moaning like Koeman, not talking the club up with lies about how boss we are like Martinez, but being focused on his players and controlling what his influence.

Silva has been given what other mangers failed to do themselves - buying key players to address the weaknesses - And has input (Going by the Richarlison transfer).

Looking forward to seeing what he does in the summer. After a full season, he'll be more aware of the requirements of the prem compared to the Dutch league

It's simple: Silva had to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He did that by getting every last ounce out of DCL and has switched an over-used Richarlison back onto the wing he should never have been taken away from.

In short: dont put the turnaround down to Brands. It happened despite his sitting back and folding his arms back in January.

This summer I want to see Brands step up and properly support this very good manager of ours.

Dave for me I think he will but as for the players in his eye it is down to a question of do they want to sign for us and will their clubs release them.

Status
Not open for further replies.