2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter twaddle David, as well you know.
I dont.

He did enough interviews when he was with PSV positioning himself, and it landed a lucrative job here.

I'm not really concerned about him, tbh. He's here to get players in by using cash from streamlining this squad. If he does that and we're winners in that process then job done.

I dont.

He did enough interviews when he was with PSV positioning himself, and it landed a lucrative job here.

I'm not really concerned about him, tbh. He's here to get players in by using cash from streamlining this squad. If he does that and we're winners in that process then job done.
So when he does just that, you'll apologise to the rest of the forum for the rather rude names you continually call him ?

Dave is very upset at our DOF being so good at his job he would be able to sell the players hes purchased for double their fees the next season.

Bothers him mightily we have someone so competent.......or more likely its how much the missus has taken to Brands.

" CULTS "

FFS, he`s just doing his job lollollollollollollol

You wouldn't say there's a cult being built around Brands?

I think if you're honest you'd concede there is.

That's maddeneing for me. He's been hit and miss at best so far.

He's a quiet operator and brings in Digne, and I'm supposed to be worshipping a miracle man at work? A mystic in our midst?

No.

From those names;

Pereira is on a free i think
Dalot i dont think has many games+portuguese
Keane to spurs for foyth and cash?

Id love Hudson Odoi and Ampadu!

Christensen havent heard much of recently.
And the only player we have a hope of getting outta that lot is Zouma.

...to sell on.

He's said it in his speech. I'm not leaving out any context.

....I don’t see an issue in investing and selling on at a profit. It’s not saying the club want to sell its best talent, but a club in our position will inevitably be approached to sell and the players involved will be keen to move. It’s happened with Stones, it’s happened with Lukaku and it’s happened with Barkley.

It’s the way things are. If the value of players we sign increases, then it’s an indication they have been successful signings. It hopefully means the club are progressing.

The aspiration is to keep our best players, but the reality is that isn’t the situation we are in.

Last edited:
Whats really scary? If Brands identifies another Digne for the RB role, and another Richarlison, except a striker, and 1 more loan move equal to Gomes, in just over a season he will have transformed this team into a very dangerous one AND on a budget we can meet.

Pickford
Digne2 Keane, Mina, Digne
Gueye/Gueye replacement, Gomes/New Gomes
Bernard Siggy Richarilison
StirkerRicharlison

That lineup would cost us about $0 net spend with the deadwood players we can sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.