2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Brands says every player gives up some of their weekly wage to Everton in the Community
  • Brands: "Andre Gomes, he came from Barcelona, and we asked him in the first month to do some activities for EitC and he picked it up straight away. He's a fantastic player but it's also why the fans love him."
  • Brands on role models for being a DoF: "There are a few people who have had a big influence in my career. On the football side, I met quite early in my career Tixi Bergstein."
  • Brands: "One of the most important aspects of my job is to not get too emotional."
  • Brands on changes he's made at Everton: "My first focus was the transfer window. We had 38 players so the squad was far too big and we had to bring in some new players in positions we felt we had to improve."
  • Brands highlighting the change he's brought to Everton's director of football role: "The guy before me was really involved in recruitment. I am involved in all departments."
  • Brands on working with Silva: "Our offices are across from each other at Finch Farm. We are in contact everyday."
  • Brands on signing players with Silva: "We both have to agree."
  • Brands now talking about transfer plans and confirms the targets for the summer are already agreed upon.
  • Brands: "All the players we brought into the club in the summer we under 25. We don't want to invest big money in older players."
  • "We are looking at players aged 20-25/26"
  • Brands confirms he also travelled to Chile in January to watch the u-20 South American championships

• Brands says every player gives up some of their weekly wage to Everton in the Community
  • Brands: "Andre Gomes, he came from Barcelona, and we asked him in the first month to do some activities for EitC and he picked it up straight away. He's a fantastic player but it's also why the fans love him."
  • Brands on role models for being a DoF: "There are a few people who have had a big influence in my career. On the football side, I met quite early in my career Tixi Bergstein."
  • Brands: "One of the most important aspects of my job is to not get too emotional."
  • Brands on changes he's made at Everton: "My first focus was the transfer window. We had 38 players so the squad was far too big and we had to bring in some new players in positions we felt we had to improve."
  • Brands highlighting the change he's brought to Everton's director of football role: "The guy before me was really involved in recruitment. I am involved in all departments."
  • Brands on working with Silva: "Our offices are across from each other at Finch Farm. We are in contact everyday."
  • Brands now talking about transfer plans and confirms the targets for the summer are already agreed upon.
  • Brands: "All the players we brought into the club in the summer we under 25. We don't want to invest big money in older players."
  • Brands confirms he also travelled to Chile in January to watch the u-20 South American championships

Nice. Very nice.

The man gives me hope.

Sounds like a proper football man. Don't know what Walsh was thinking with his bizarre recruitment plan.

Hopefully have the majority if not all of our targets in for the first day of pre-season.

Then the rest of the summer can just be dedicated to getting rid of deadwood and focusing on preparing the proper squad.

Targets already agreed upon ;)

Aged 20. 25/26

Thats tells me he's looking for the right type of players we need .

25/26 will be interesting.....Bernard/ Gomes type signings ?

Brands' biggest test will not be who he brings in but who he manages to get rid of and for how much.

As a Premier League club we can make selling to us attractive for most players and clubs but getting our big money flops out will be a task.

People complained about the amount of loans rather than sales this season but if they're the right loans for the player then it could lead to them being picked up.

The Anderlect loan could get Bolasie a move there or to Leeds for example because we managed to get him to go abroad when he probably didn't want to and we knew he'd look better than he is.

At least there appears to be a strategy in place, and principles around which they will make decisions. Of course execution is key.

I particularly like the last 4 points - we must focus on younger players who can increase in value and provide revenue for further signings down the line so the cycle repeats. We should be seen as a club where you will always get game time if you're good enough. That message should be given everywhere we have active scouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.