2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree/disagree with this.

I think its going to be easy to sign Gomes in principle because i think after his Barca nightmare he will love the club, players and fans...and push for us to be his next club.

Brands will need to try and get him for the lowest price possible and Barca play hardball...it may well be that we sign him for a decent amount (my guess is £25mil) or take him on loan for another season.

I think Brands hardest task is to sign a superstar centre forward and improve the right flank to the same quality of Digne and Richarlison on the left.

Had a peak at Andres Barca contract, two years to run this summer.

Fertile ground that type of length..

I agree/disagree with this.

I think its going to be easy to sign Gomes in principle because i think after his Barca nightmare he will love the club, players and fans...and push for us to be his next club.

Brands will need to try and get him for the lowest price possible and Barca play hardball...it may well be that we sign him for a decent amount (my guess is £25mil) or take him on loan for another season.

I think Brands hardest task is to sign a superstar centre forward and improve the right flank to the same quality of Digne and Richarlison on the left.

I don't think a good spell here necessarily turns us into his favourite club and I'm not sure it makes it easy to sign Gomes. It certainly makes it easier but a bad time at Barcelona followed by a good season here doesn't mean he can't see the merits of other clubs or destinations. He could just as easily see Everton as a shop window opportunity.

I think £25M is low as well if he continues to impress. That's Klaassen money and not near Richarlison or Iceland levels....Barca will see that. I think an excellent season sees a 40-50M price tag at least in the current market and there's every chance that next summer sees the going rate jump again.

Something feels very different about the club now, in a good way. The fact that the signings are all a certain age and pedigree. There's a case that all of our first team would be wanted by at least a couple of the clubs from the "big 6", I don't think that could've been said before.

Obviously, he's got quality in Digne. Mina we know is a work in progress and he didn't play today, so can't really fault him. Richarlison was absolute crap today. Bernard has some good qualities. But Coleman has been badly exposed. Pickford hasn't been good enough. We've got zero depth in central midfield. I'm not sure what we've got in Keane. I'm not sure we've got a single quality CF in the squad.

im really hoping that after that utterly deplorable game where we conceded 6 goals at fortress Everton, and where our head coach magical marco seemingly had zero idea on how to shut up shup and at least keep it respectable that our new overlord is on tranfrmarkt right now with a calculator trying to crack the da vinci managerial code...

make this happen Marcel

we will not suffer fools

Status
Not open for further replies.