2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most successful English clubs are run on the playing side by the methods devised by one man. Wenger and Ferguson were in complete control of their organisations on the playing side.

You cant run a successful club with a manager in the dugout looking like he's rolling out another man's plan. Not possible. Players sense it and will show no mercy for weakling managers. They respect only strong men.

This is why I hope that'll be the last we hear of Brands for a long time.

He's done his "victory" roll today. Now he needs to STFU again and back off into his office preparing more departures and planning for January. That's his job. That alone.
Some of Europe's elite have done ok. Times have changed, the machines are too big now. Look how many people Brands said where involved in a modern transfer

Some of Europe's elite have done ok. Times have changed, the machines are too big now. Look how many people Brands said where involved in a modern transfer

Good. We all do ok out of it if he does his job. That's sound.

Now, if he'd just get out from in front of the camera and disappear for another 6 months again and allow Marco to do his stuff that'd be great.

I don’t see the need to show clubs like Utd and Barca in a bad light and how we out thought or negotiated both doing deals.

It’s all good for ego, but fundamentally bad practice I would imagine in football circles.

Again I see no need for him being in the media like this.

I see nothing good about it, if I’m being honest and I don’t like that he seems to be cultivating a media profile.

I'll try to give reasons

1. To make sure the fans don't think Mina was being snide, and so they don't get on his back.

2. See the post about Poker, it's a bluff.

3. He has a profile like a manager has one. Used to be people only knew and heard from the players, now it's many more. Now we ear from CEO, Board members etc.

4. Er, that's it.

Most successful English clubs are run on the playing side by the methods devised by one man. Wenger and Ferguson were in complete control of their organisations on the playing side.

You cant run a successful club with a manager in the dugout looking like he's rolling out another man's plan. Not possible. Players sense it and will show no mercy for weakling managers. They respect only strong men.

This is why I hope that'll be the last we hear of Brands for a long time.

He's done his "victory" roll today. Now he needs to STFU again and back off into his office preparing more departures and planning for January. That's his job. That alone.

I'm quite sure the club don't care in the least which hierarchy you believe in. Nor do you seem to know what his job is. Director of football is the above first team manager and that was made clear in the initial presser and interviews with both Brands and Silva. Your proclivity for delusion is endlessly entertaining.

Sorry if posted already - Does anyone have any links for the interview he gave with either Sky or Talksport :)

Status
Not open for further replies.