2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course

But we actually have a proper manager now. So he needs to get whatever he wants and needs.

Issue is though, what if it doesn't work out and we're looking for a new manager again? That likes to play with different profiles of players? We're going to be in this cycle forever if we don't start to do things properly.

Bernard - no end product
Iwobi - nothing else needs to be said
Mina - a CB who cant keep pace with attackers
Delph - a fake hardman never out of the treatment room
Gbamin - a no mark from a no mark league
Kean - utterly hopeless, a striker that never strikes
Gomes - decent, but not a consistent performer
Richarlison - decent but inconsistent (a Silva player at Watford and almost certainly not down to Brands in any case)

Digne - the only class player he's bought

It is a pitiful haul of inadequacy. £250M for THAT.

Can there really be anyone making a case for Brands' purchases, much less retaining him?
Thing is it not just who he got, its who he didnt get, the striker, the centre half we needed another more then Iwobi and a striker with more experience then Kean.

if brands and walsh are the way forward, bring back 'archaic'!

Brands is a good man, he was wanted at the time Walsh was appointed along with Monchi but both turned it down, Brands out of loyalty to his previous club and Monchi wasn’t interested. I dare say Monchi would have got the same treatment Brands has been getting before long had he taken up the offer instead

Brands is a good man, he was wanted at the time Walsh was appointed along with Monchi but both turned it down, Brands out of loyalty to his previous club and Monchi wasn’t interested. I dare say Monchi would have got the same treatment Brands has been getting before long had he taken up the offer instead

not sure what you're driving at. I'd much rather go the 'archaic' route and let Ancelotti pick the players he wants. Both Walsh and Brands have been complete failures on recruitment.

In fact, the whole 'cult' surrounding Brands is mystifying. Not one single signing of his has been a success. Keane was the big one, but by Christ he has been ruined.

Digne and Gomes aside he’s not done very well has he?

I honestly can’t see him signing anyone this window
Even they're not exactly above questioning. I thought Digne was superb last season but he's honestly been awful this year, he's performed like a below average PL full back all season. Gomes is beautiful to watch on his day, but he has some absolute shockers too. When he's bad he looks like a conference player. I'd say they're both 7/10 signings at the moment. Fine, but hardly runaway successes.

Status
Not open for further replies.