2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah maybe but Brands isnt cutting it
Except... most (not all, but most) of the biggest problems in the squad had nothing to do with Brands

He didn’t sign Schneiderlin, or Sigurdsson, or Keane, or spend over £20m on Tosun, or give Sandro £120k p/w or £100k to Bolasie (plus £30m+ to sign him)

He’s certainly not been perfect, but would anyone argue that he hasn’t signed most if not all of our best current players?

All this talk Brands gives about the importance of personalities when signing players -

Signs a bloke who nearly had a nervous breakdown at Barca (Gomes)

Signs a bloke who seems like a bully boy (Delph)

Signs a kid who never turns up on time for training (Kean)

Signs a bloke who downed tools at Monaco (Sidibe)

LOL couldn't make it up

All this talk Brands gives about the importance of personalities when signing players -

LOL couldn't make it up
Spot on. No due dilligence on players whatsoever.

LOL couldn't make it up

I know what your saying mate but 100% we shouldn't be knocking Gomes for any issues he may have had at Barca, he had the balls to come out and say he was struggling mentally and that takes character because a lot of players wouldn't say sod all.

Apart from that though, yes Brands should be under scrutiny.

What happened to the days of just letting the manager pick the players ffs, I'm sure these DoF's just play champ manager like the rest of us

He cant be allowed to determine the players we sign. He wont be either. I feel certain of that.

He signs bottlers and players with questionable ability to make it in this league.

A completely direputable project he's been overseeing here. I doubt very much Ancelotti will allow this feller to put his reputation under threat by accepting the no marks Brands generally signs.

Give Ancelotti the cash; let him use his contacts and bring in whoever the hell he wants for the next 3 or 4 windows and watch the quality of our squad rise.

LOL couldn't make it up

You need to have a think about your comments about Gomes mate. Shocking really.
Sidibe hasn't been signed , he is on loan.
Any evidence re Delph being a bully ?
Kean has been late twice.

We are all upset after today , but there are far worse issues e.g. Siggy , Scneids , Bolasie , etc

The Iwobi signing for me didn't say much for Brands.... The only winger he could identify from around the world was an average benchwarmer for an average arsenal team... Wow....

Wasn't excited about Gbamin either, but I guess we have to wait till next season to find out if he was money wasted....

Other than that his only tactic has been signing players who once showed potential but that failed at big clubs....

Can people pick any truly masterful signing yet?.... He should be embarrassed by today's result as much as the players... It's a humiliating day for an Evertonian...

LOL couldn't make it up

You were literally banging the drum to sign Sidibe yesterday and only found out he downed tools because I told @Eggs it yesterday you mutant.

The Iwobi signing for me didn't say much for Brands.... The only winger he could identify from around the world was an average benchwarmer for an average arsenal team... Wow....

Wasn't excited about Gbamin either, but I guess we have to wait till next season to find out if he was money wasted....

Other than that his only tactic has been signing players who once showed potential but that failed at big clubs....

Can people pick any truly masterful signing yet?.... He should be embarrassed by today's result as much as the players... It's a humiliating day for an Evertonian...
£35M......

£35M!!!!!!!!!!

An utter nobhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.