2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving a manager with no firepower for over a year then getting him a kid in to solve it, wouldn't trust this joker as far as i could throw him
Spot on mate.

We needed to two strikers; a solid CB; a proper replacement for Gueye.

He failed.

Many of those who feted his efforts last summer in the transfer market refuse to acnowdlege he let the club down badly this summer. They've painted themselves into a corner with Brands and dont know how to get out of it.

I thought the bed wetting finished post transfer deadline day. We were 1 win from 3rd, it hurts yes it does but gee chill its a long season. We all agreed it would take time to unwind the mess give it that.

Spot on mate.

He failed.

Many of those who feted his efforts last summer in the transfer market refuse to acnowdlege he let the club down badly this summer. They've painted themselves into a corner with Brands and dont know how to get out of it.
He just has an ear out for bargains, neglects or is incapable of sorting the priorities out

Spot on mate.

He failed.

Where were going to get them Dave?

We all know about the Zouma and Zaha mess but not Brands fault. Also you need to look at the deadwood that he has moved on, is there no credit for that.

You are suffering from Brandsphobia, take a pill or two.

Spot on mate.

He failed.

Many of those people appreciate he was never gonna fix the whole squad in 12months, which is all hes had.

It's almost like it's a difficult task, isn't it?

but that's why he gets paid millions isn't it

he had 2 months to find a good centre back, he has failed miserably in that department

I'm not slating btw because overall he's done some great stuff, but we missed out on some important areas over the summer, just hope he sorts it in January

You haven't got the first clue about what we can or can't afford, none of us have but you have just mentioned the Zouma and Zaha bids, so who knows how much we've got

But my point was the complaints from certain quarters of Brands dealings were in ignorance of who we were actually looking at plus the holding club has to be willing to sell. As for Zaha, CP wanted way too much from what we know even Arsenal turned it down.

Like Dave you seem to have Brandsphobia. As I said to him give Brands credit for deadwood moved on. Plus from what you are saying none of his signings meet with your approval.

Last edited:
We have three strikers in Kean, DCL and Tosun. Four if you count last seasons leading scorer Richarlison.

We have three centrebacks who need to get us through about twelve games and we do have young players like Gibson and Feeney who could play.

Hardly a crisis, Man City... now there is a crisis , who would you have sacked there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.