2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thats down to Brands?

Or the manager?

The blend is fine, stop passing the buck, theres only 1 man who is tactically clueless here.

No, he really wouldnt have, he couldnt pick his nose.
He can be forgiven for not blending that lot.

It's pace and strength and getting shots off. There's no one who can link up play. Like having four Walcott's.

I think my expectations for the team are fair, A chance at top 6 if we play our cards right and even then I think 7-8 would be where we should end up.
I don't think you could have picked an easier opening 5 games, Our squad on paper should in reality win them games with ease but clearly not due to some half hearted players and a manager who refuses to change things up and be so predictable.
I guess we'll agree to disagree on the CB's, I think them two are solid enough to do a job and I would be doing guess work if Silva likes them or not, The partnership is in early stages but it's looked okay I would say so far.

The amount of times I have read this today, tells me what unrealistic expectations our fans have these days. When has it ever been easy to win games against anyone in the Prem. I don't understand where this sense of entitlement comes from.

The amount of times I have read this today, tells me what unrealistic expectations our fans have these days. When has it ever been easy to win games against anyone in the Prem. I don't understand where this sense of entitlement comes from.
I didn't expect Silva to win all opening 5 games no way but I expected to do a lot better than the current results against low level teams.

Until we get the right one. Many on here were in disbelief with the hiring of allardyce and silva and so far, they have been proved right. Chelsea have done it on a regular basis since the sacking of mourinho first time around. They wont settle for second best, even when they have won trophies. Why should we?
Has it worked though? Chelsea have had a budget and players to match the very best in the world. Obviously in comparison to us they've been massively successful, but in real terms they've not really had the success you would probably expect. Obviously we'll never know, but there's definitely a reasonable argument that they may have been more successful if they hadn't chopped and changed so much.

Exactly!
The prem is so hard. Every team has a bucket load of internationals, and a couple of players you would relish in our squad.
I like the sentiment that we should roll all before us, but our history since th 80’s says otherwise.
Our poor investment during the Walsh era has been a drag on performance. It wasted a cash boost from Morshi, and will continue to be a drain for another summer or two.
Brands project will take several years, and given our situation, we can probably afford to wait for it to come to fruition.
The summer signings are still bedding in after a ridiculous amount of incomings and outgoings.
I will welcome the point where we only sign two or three players in a season and the squad is more settled.

Weird one marcel, he's obviously very good at negotiating and getting good players for a good price but it seems each season he's been here he's signed very good players but missed out in crucial areas

IE last season we signed digne gomes etc but we missed out on getting a top striker which ultimately for me cost us Europe

this season he's done well again getting kean delph etc but he's missed out getting a CB and a direct replacement for gueye ( that could be gbamin tbf )

seems like we take a step forward with a signing and then a step back by not replacing other players

It's almost like it's a difficult task, isn't it?

It doesn't help at all that the recent appointments post-Martinez have been totally led by Moshiri.

It shows what the consequences are for a non-footballing person taking the lead on this.

I'm not saying that you couldn't see some merits in any of the people chosen including Silva but we simply cannot keep sacking managers only to cock up the next appointment subsequently. I say this in the context that I hope Silva still comes good and gets time, as its the best viable option. This is the road to nowhere and to a point of stagnation which I fear would eventually see us fall out of the top half of the league even, and potentially worse. People are fatigued as well as impatient which is not a good mix.

Taking a punt on the next big thing in the hope we land another Pochettino (Silva) or alternatively going for a big name charlie who did nothing but rinse us (Koeman) did and do have warning signs. Its easy to say in hindsight but you can also say that on these occasions we ultimately got the manager that the selection "process" deserved.

It doesn't help at all that the recent appointments post-Martinez have been totally led by Moshiri.

It shows what the consequences are for a non-footballing person taking the lead on this.

I'm not saying that you couldn't see some merits in any of the people chosen including Silva but we simply cannot keep sacking managers only to cock up the next appointment subsequently. This is the road to nowhere and to a point of stagnation which I fear would eventually see us fall out of the top half of the league even, and potentially worse. People are fatigued as well as impatient which is not a good mix.

Taking a punt on the next big thing in the hope we land another Pochettino (Silva) or alternatively going for a big name charlie who did nothing but rinse us (Koeman) did and do have warning signs. Its easy to say in hindsight but you can also say that on these occasions we ultimately got the manager that the selection "process" deserved.
This is one of the main reasons why I think - barring a catastrophe - we need to stick with Silva. Not keeping him for keeping him's sake, but because I don't see how we attract the sort of manager who is definitely better than him. We're still fishing in the same pool, and any replacement seems likely to be the same sort of level. On that basis we're just rolling the dice and saying I wonder if this guy can do any better. I'm not sure that's something i'd like to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.