2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, I phrased that badly. I meant he seems like a guy with a plan, but one of those plans isn't to have to revamp an entire system with 2.5 weeks to go.

Last year was a learning process for everyone. Silva needed to assess the squad and we were willing to wait on deals.

The second factor is fine. But the first factor isn't the case anymore. Silva and Brands knew the weaknesses and also know the strengths and one of those strengths was that we'd clocked on a pretty excellent way of playing at the end of last season. Now we need to change that. And that will take time.

I just can't help but think we've taken a step forward, only to take two back.

I'm not panicking. I think we'll get players in and have no doubt we need to shift players. But I'm not fully onboard with Brands is great. His record is very good so far and I'm sure he has it under control, but it's a risk and not one I'm sure we needed to take. But maybe change will be a good thing.

We planned for Ganas exit in January, but we couldnt replace him in that small time frame, we will have prepared for his exit.

I know most people think its not the best idea and we can argue the who and the why all we like, but Gana wants to leave and thats all that matters to ME. Once a player wants out, you get them out, its been my stance with every player we have ever sold.

Few people, including the Watford snakerat are getting twitchy, im not gonna sit here and pour scorn on their fears, despite my overriding desire to do so, I cant changes views and I defo cant change peoples doom and gloom outlook.

I only have 1 outlook regards Everton, think positive, doom and gloom never helped anybody, so I remain positive, I see Gana leaving as a positive, the chance to rebuild a system that wasnt working, if your team finishes 8th, it didnt work.

Brands gains my trust until such a time he abuses it, for me the window closes in 2 weeks or so and until it shuts we still have enough time to do everything we need. I keep saying this, but we arent building a squad that improves us in July, we are building a squad that is ready and built for Crystal Palace till May.

To be fair to Dave he's at least been consistant with this narrative since the moment Brands walked through the door lol

But saying his job is to shift them and get “ something in return” but when he shifted Klassan that wasn’t the view he took, he said it should have been more .

I find most of this discussion pointless. I think we all can agree that the only thing worth discussing in here anymore is whether Brands has magical and mystical powers that give him such an unfair advantage, or his intellect and reason is just so far advanced beyond everyone else?

Which side are you on?

I find most of this discussion pointless. I think we all can agree that the only thing worth discussing in here anymore is whether Brands has magical and mystical powers that give him such an unfair advantage, or his intellect and reason is just so far advanced beyond everyone else?

Which side are you on?

I firmly believe he was born simply to drag Everton from the pits of hell to the land of League Titles, Champions League and the promised land that we call Wembley.

I firmly believe he was born simply to drag Everton from the pits of hell to the land of League Titles, Champions League and the promised land that we call Wembley.
I think Brands has got all his ducks in a row, bids are in and we're just waiting for all the pieces to fall into place with selling clubs, a bit like this...
Boardgame-Memories-Tamz-05.jpg

Maybe it has been discussed previously, but have Everton bought players where Brands has been involved on the other side of the table?

It's leaving it late when you have to change a system. When you've not looked like you're going to change a system in any of our pre-season games so far.

Yeh, it's leaving it late. Because this season we have a real chance to push on and with the start we have we need to be raring to go.

I'm hopeful we will. But selling your best player - or more apt, the player that is most key to how we played at the back end of last season - isn't a great step, IMO. Throw in Zouma going to the wire/not coming (and I've said all along I'd be willing to wait on that deal, even though it now looks unlikely), and suddenly it's two big holes to fill.
Agreed. I'm hoping for some good signings but a few weeks ago i'd be lying if I said the thought of Zouma coming in +3 more didn't leave me thinking top 6 was within our reach.

With two weeks to go, IF Gana goes and Zouma doesn't sign, seems another 'transitional' season beckons.

Agreed. I'm hoping for some good signings but a few weeks ago i'd be lying if I said the thought of Zouma coming in +3 more didn't leave me thinking top 6 was within our reach.

With two weeks to go, IF Gana goes and Zouma doesn't sign, seems another 'transitional' season beckons.

Well gana as gone, and zouma looking unlikely if brands doesn’t pull of some magic, that’s exactly what the season will be

His first window was great and he's earned the trust.

But he's not a God. And so far we're leaving it very late with a lot of work to do which ultimately will only eat into the season.

That's not a method I'd have associated with him and tbh I'm not exactly chuffed. Not that it matters what I think.
In fairness we don't know where he is up to with his negotiations and what other factors are involved. It worked out ok last year but I understand that doesn't mean things will just fall into place this year too.

You have to remember that we have less time to get thee transfers in compared to other countries (which is where I believe we are doing most of our shopping these days). So 2 years ago when we were saying we need to get players in before the season starts, we are now saying we need to get players in before pre-season starts.,

Selling clubs may be holding out for better deals, so I think we will see more deals done on English deadline day.

"we didn't sign anyone by this time last year"

Doesn't the window close 3 weeks earlier this year?

At this point, whoever comes in most likely will not be involved in the palace match. Makes it really annoying honestly.

Brands' back is against the wall more than it was now following the sales of Gana and Lookman

This is his opportunity to really show what he can do and adequately replace them, whilst also getting in a striker and a center back now that Zouma looks to be off the table

I hope he's got this, because we need him to come up smelling like a rose right now. Our most precious commodity, time, is ticking away

Get it done Marcel. Please

Brands' back is against the wall more than it was now following the sales of Gana and Lookman

This is his opportunity to really show what he can do and adequately replace them, whilst also getting in a striker and a center back now that Zouma looks to be off the table

I hope he's got this, because we need him to come up smelling like a rose right now. Our most precious commodity, time, is ticking away

Get it done Marcel. Please

We need at least 5 players now and I’m not confident I hope we can sort it but it’s Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.