2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of your own. Leave me out of it.

Kenny is better than Coleman. Not that much better, but better.

Wrong decisions being made alongside decent decisions.

As said: nothing to write home about with the progress of this club so far in Brands' first year and a bit. Better than what went previous to him? Yes. But that should be a matter of course.

Hand in your Everton badge and gun then.

If a new RB is bought this summer to sit on the bench, I cant see them being better than Kenny. It made better sense to hand Kenny another run of games and see if he can really take his chance. A young player coming into the team (as he did last season) will be wary of cutting loose and just play safe. I think that's how we have to see his first season's effort.

I despair at how when our younger players come thriough and dont perform like they've been PL professionals for 5/6 years they are almost immediately written off. It's a curse of this era in football.The disposable culture. Lets have a bit of perseverance with these lads and hand them a bit more time rather than dumping them early out on loan.
I think you are 100% with the sentiment there Dave, but sadly, the days of any kids being cut any slack have past!

No signings until Marcel has his outfit sorted for the next one. He’s putting the feelers out there via his people for what would gain approval from the Indy section of the fan base after the success of the short sleeved crew neck.

One of your own. Leave me out of it.

Kenny is better than Coleman. Not that much better, but better.

Wrong decisions being made alongside decent decisions.

As said: nothing to write home about with the progress of this club so far in Brands' first year and a bit. Better than what went previous to him? Yes. But that should be a matter of course.

Kenny is not better than Coleman. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that is the case.

That's not his position.

Sadly I don’t think we’ll ever see the best of Dowell because we’ve never had a manager brave enough to play a formation that would suit him. If we mirrored the way City set up their midfield he could play in one of the two Silva positions alongside Bernard and be very good there. We don’t have the holding midfield player for it though or a manager who would ever play that way.

We’ve always pushed talented players out wide rather than trusting their quality on the ball to out play physical opponents. I don’t know why because in the Moyes years some of our best football came when injuries forced us to put Osman and Arteta together in the middle. As soon as Neville and a Fellaini were back fit though they were shoved back out to the flanks. We’re doing the same with Bernard now.

I still remember the genius journalists unable to square the circle when Guardiola arrived at City and De Bruyne was bought. ‘How will he fit him in if Silva plays number 10, he might have to go on the wing’ etc. Pep just puts his best footballers in midfield and lets them get on with it. The two Silvas and Fernandinho outplayed and out pressed Liverpool at Anfield and the Etihad yet people are still obsessed with getting huge athletes in the middle of the park.

If we were brave enough to build around Dowel he could shine. It’s no coincidence that he’s alongside Maddison and Foden in the U21s despite barely playing premier league football. He’s clearly got natural talent. I fear we’ll never unlock it though and he’ll end up in a division where it will never be able to come to the fore.

Sadly I don’t think we’ll ever see the best of Dowell because we’ve never had a manager brave enough to play a formation that would suit him. If we mirrored the way City set up their midfield he could play in one of the two Silva positions alongside Bernard and be very good there. We don’t have the holding midfield player for it though or a manager who would ever play that way.

We’ve always pushed talented players out wide rather than trusting their quality on the ball to out play physical opponents. I don’t know why because in the Moyes years some of our best football came when injuries forced us to put Osman and Arteta together in the middle. As soon as Neville and a Fellaini were back fit though they were shoved back out to the flanks. We’re doing the same with Bernard now.

I still remember the genius journalists unable to square the circle when Guardiola arrived at City and De Bruyne was bought. ‘How will he fit him in if Silva plays number 10, he might have to go on the wing’ etc. Pep just puts his best footballers in midfield and lets them get on with it. The two Silvas and Fernandinho outplayed and out pressed Liverpool at Anfield and the Etihad yet people are still obsessed with getting huge athletes in the middle of the park.

If we were brave enough to build around Dowel he could shine. It’s no coincidence that he’s alongside Maddison and Foden in the U21s despite barely playing premier league football. He’s clearly got natural talent. I fear we’ll never unlock it though and he’ll end up in a division where it will never be able to come to the fore.

Nailed it!!!!

There’s a big difference in quality between dowell and the 2 silvas and de bruyne’s of this world though. There’s also a massive difference in work rate.

Long way to go in the window and its not fair to judge until its completion.

I note though that Matt Targett moved for 14 mill, i think we have surplus players in our squad better then Targett when it comes out outs.

Spot on. And the attitude of some fans doesn't help either: "he's wasteful/doesn't track back/doesn't tackle".

Status
Not open for further replies.