2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may very well be true. I think we will find out all too soon if he is and by then it will be too late to do anything about it. I do hope he isn't though - that would be a rather pleasant surprise given the normal course of all things Everton.
He'll fail on the stadium then demand the debt he holds is repaid, then he'll sell his shares. Destined to be the biggest villain in this club's history since John Houlding.

Many successful DoF at clubs start off as having a close affinity with the club and it's footballing ethos. Unsworth clearly has a sense of the clubs DNA, can work with young players (and presumably spot talent). He loves the club and would appear reluctant to sacrifice what he has here for coaching at the lower levels. Would it not be worth considering giving him a stab at the DoF role? Before anyone points out any areas where he lacks experience in the role, this can be said for many of the most successful DoF's at the time they were first appointed into he role. I would certainly trust him to make decisions based on the long term interests of Everton football club rather than his own wallet (like BFS)

Many successful DoF at clubs start off as having a close affinity with the club and it's footballing ethos. Unsworth clearly has a sense of the clubs DNA, can work with young players (and presumably spot talent). He loves the club and would appear reluctant to sacrifice what he has here for coaching at the lower levels. Would it not be worth considering giving him a stab at the DoF role? Before anyone points out any areas where he lacks experience in the role, this can be said for many of the most successful DoF's at the time they were first appointed into he role. I would certainly trust him to make decisions based on the long term interests of Everton football club rather than his own wallet (like BFS)
I don’t want any more ex Everton yes men who “get us”. The blue tinted approach hasnt worked in the slightest and we’ve ended up as a charity case for ex players who can’t get work elsewhere.

Get someone in from Europe with some fresh ideas then maybe we might see some sort of change from the dross we’ve been served the past few years.

Surely this is not a contest....

This fraudulent swamp creature...

DWbmbk4WkAEZ6Dc.jpg

or...

DYZpNe4W4AA9hzb.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.