2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Brands, PSV Eindhoven Director of Football has been linked with replacing Steve Walsh at Everton. Initially linked in the Daily Mail by Dominic King especially and it has now been said by the Echo that the club have held "exploratory talks" with Brands.

Worth his own thread now?

I know past performance is no guarantee of future performance etc so who has he discovered that's any good.

My question would be this;

If we plan to get rid of Walsh then why haven't we already? Bringing a new man in during the summer means he can't really provide his expertise during the window as he will have to put groundwork in place before he can identify the right players for the manager.

So would it not be a waste of a summer again and risk signing another bunch of random players leading to another season like this?

Whoever comes in needs to do so sharpish. It's a World Cup summer, so VERY little time to get things right. Get him in now, let him look at the squad and decide 2/3 need to go.

My question would be this;

If we plan to get rid of Walsh then why haven't we already? Bringing a new man in during the summer means he can't really provide his expertise during the window as he will have to put groundwork in place before he can identify the right players for the manager.

So would it not be a waste of a summer again and risk signing another bunch of random players leading to another season like this?
The sensible thing would be to sound him out about the type of player he would approach given a hypothetical budget.

If he says 'vardy £70m, phil Jones £25m' then we know to swerve him.

Status
Not open for further replies.