2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never understand this obsession with bringing back players who were part of Everton teams that won and lost the exact same games as the current crop of clowns.

I was just suggesting that if he (Brands) fails in acquiring other targets that he might look into that, not saying I’m enthused by it, just that I wouldn’t be surprised.

I'll never understand this obsession with bringing back players who were part of Everton teams that won and lost the exact same games as the current crop of clowns.

I think it’s to do with having a known quantity back.

Make no mistake this is down to having a DOF with no proven record. I think IF we are not careful, we could be in a relegation scrap. Having no home fans and a player base that is unmovable could be a disaster.
A proven player like Gueye wouldn’t be to bad, we sure miss him.

I was just suggesting that if he (Brands) fails in acquiring other targets that he might look into that, not saying I’m enthused by it, just that I wouldn’t be surprised.
I think it’s to do with having a known quantity back.

Make no mistake this is down to having a DOF with no proven record. I think IF we are not careful, we could be in a relegation scrap. Having no home fans and a player base that is unmovable could be a disaster.
A proven player like Gueye wouldn’t be to bad, we sure miss him.
Don't get me wrong, we all have players who we liked and were sad to see go. It's just that you can barely go a day without talk of bringing someone back.

I could take or leave Gueye while he was here - great tackler / athlete, but a poor marker / passer - but he's going to be on top money now, and all we ever hear is how the club is on its arse because the players aren't good enough to justify the wage bill.

I will, however, accept the argument that things could get desperate without the fans being there to boo the team into trying next season.

This is the kind of things clubs have to watch out for. We are entering the unknown of future financial implications of the pandemic.

but how dare Mr Brands not blindly go into a pandemic by splashing 30m out prematurely.
its not an ideal position but we aren’t in a position to go and throw 30m away without knowing where we stand.

but how dare Mr Brands not blindly go into a pandemic by splashing 30m out prematurely.
its not an ideal position but we aren’t in a position to go and throw 30m away without knowing where we stand.

Seeing as Moshiri and Usmanov are making huge amount of money at the moment i dont think thats true

Seems to be €5mil difference which if he had a medical with terms all agreed seems bizarre

Lets see what happens
It isn't always about the total cost, the payment structure is key. What they are willing to pay upfront or how many years the payment structure is for

It isn't always about the total cost, the payment structure is key. What they are willing to pay upfront or how many years the payment structure is for

Thats in the past. The club has money and cashflow.

FFP wise the payment is amortised over the players contract. So whether its alot upfront or on the backend or staggered it wont affect FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.