2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi - Jury's out. Shown quality in flashes, but inconsistent. Another one who picks up niggly injuries and has struggled to get going or show any form. Been played out of position a fes times also.
I'm not sure what his position is to be honest. I'd give him a go in CM. Can't be much worse than our other options there and he doesn't score or create often enough to play in a more attacking position.

End of the day, our transfer bushas been way below par for the last 5 years

Niassie
Cuco
Rooney
Sigi
Klassen
Sandro
Delph
Keane
Pickford

probably more but can’t think right now

Don’t get the hate for brands, he’s doing a job and has a vision. Hopefully will show with results on the pitch.

Can hardly blame the restart results on him being such a weird time for all teams.
The reason for our dreadful performance tonight and continued poor performances in key games is the poor quality of players we have at our club. This is due to the recruitment. This guy is in charge of it. He has bought two players who I would say are of the required standard. The other 8+ (I lose count) are not. You think that is good enough? He's spent $100 mill+ on Iwobi, Kean, Mina and Gomes. Mina did OK tonight but he's much of a muchness for me. Just imagine, if we had spent $23 million (Gomes) on a good quality centre mid , maybe Maddison. $28 million on an exciting winger from abroad (I have a job so I dont have time to scout Europe), $25 million plus each on a quality centre half and an exciting forward. We'd be a new team. Instead he's bought dross and some fans still try and find positives in players who are way off the standard required to challenge the top teams. Are people watching the same team as me? We've played four games since the restart and scored from open play once. By the way, we've now got another $120k a weeker, on the bench, useless, and unable to sell. How many years does Bernard have on his contract he will sit on???

The reason for our dreadful performance tonight and continued poor performances in key games is the poor quality of players we have at our club. This is due to the recruitment. This guy is in charge of it. He has bought two players who I would say are of the required standard. The other 8+ (I lose count) are not. You think that is good enough? He's spent $100 mill+ on Iwobi, Kean, Mina and Gomes. Mina did OK tonight but he's much of a muchness for me. Just imagine, if we had spent $23 million (Gomes) on a good quality centre mid , maybe Maddison. $28 million on an exciting winger from abroad (I have a job so I dont have time to scout Europe), $25 million plus each on a quality centre half and an exciting forward. We'd be a new team. Instead he's bought dross and some fans still try and find positives in players who are way off the standard required to challenge the top teams. Are people watching the same team as me? We've played four games since the restart and scored from open play once. By the way, we've now got another $120k a weeker, on the bench, useless, and unable to sell. How many years does Bernard have on his contract he will sit on???
Doesn’t help we have a 45 mil players doing nothing on the pitch, who we can’t sell and managers seem to have to play.
A 120k a week striker who’s out on loan and will never play for us again

Doesn’t help we have a 45 mil players doing nothing on the pitch, who we can’t sell and managers seem to have to play.
A 120k a week striker who’s out on loan and will never play for us again

He's not been good enough for a while but after watching him pull out of that challenge tonight, I dont want to see him pull on a blue shirt ever again.

We’ve got another two years left of Bernard. He’s secured his place on the bench after admitting to having a panic attack once.

Yes? Oh we judging every player by tonight game then? If thats the case, they are all League 1 standard
Not one game. We’ve had one goal from open play in four games. I can’t really remember many clear attempts outside of this either. I’ve been banging the drum about the quality of Gomes, Bernard, Kean, iwobi and others for a while. Yet people tell me they’re great.

Moyes has been at West Ham for five minutes and Tomas Soucek for 17M already looks a better bit of business than the much-hyped one's. Bowen is also doing well.

Maybe we should get him in as DOF after he gets the sack at the end of the season! Scouting was always his strong suit anyway.

Not one game. We’ve had one goal from open play in four games. I can’t really remember many clear attempts outside of this either. I’ve been banging the drum about the quality of Gomes, Bernard, Kean, iwobi and others for a while. Yet people tell me they’re great.
We simply don’t have winners at the club. Our 2 senior players Coleman and Bains are serial failures who have won once at (United/Arsenal/RS/Chelsea) in their career at Everton.

We’ve got another two years left of Bernard. He’s secured his place on the bench after admitting to having a panic attack once.

This is what worries me. Maybe thats why his form has been off this season as he actually done well last season and I was looking forward to him showing more.

Its a concern that him, Gomes and Keane (plus im convinced Schneiderlin) have spoken about mental health. Its a massive thing nowdays and I fully understand anyone can be affected but maybe playing infront of 40,000 fans with the pressure of modern day football isnt helping.

We havnt won the league for 34 years(think it is)
A cup for 25 years
Won 1 game at United
No wins at Chelsea/Arsenal and the RS
Not won a game when 1-0 down at half time for 5 years
Non of these are Brands fault. The club stinks of an inferiority complex
He’s now got the right man for the job, let’s back Carlo and Brands to get it right

Status
Not open for further replies.