2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
People think it’s as simple as saying ‘let’s get this player or that player’ and boom it gets done in a matter of moments, it doesn’t work like that. You have to factor in 3 key areas 1) is player X available, 2) is he affordable to the club’s transfer and wage budgets and 3) is he a good fit for what we need in the team.

If the answer to 1 and 3 is yes then you negotiate 2 which could take days or weeks, look at United, they’ve been trying to sign Fernandes all month and only now look like finally agreeing a deal. By all accounts we’ve been doing the same with Vecino for the past 2 weeks but Inter have seemingly moved the goalposts at the last moment
Nonsense.

Your number 1) is total garbage. Every player is available, I am mean Real Madrid are probably open to selling Gareth Bale. No one in business starts with 1) Is it available lol. You do all kinds of things to make something you want available legitimately or not, morally right or wrong, as you say his agent is Raila - the biggest agent out there?

We are a top 10 Prem club who can spend up to 50mill on players transfers and offer them #100k+ a week. There are very few players out there who are `not available'.

Obviously 2) Is the fee and wages affordable/considered value and 3) Should be assessed at a very early stage. The analytics team/Brands/Manager must all be behind it and due diligence (which clearly hasn't happened with just about anyone we have signed for the last 4 years) on the players character,

We are consistently not identifying players with any leadership character/backbone whatsoever.

Other than Silva signing Richarlison we are not buying players who are value for money.

That is why we have been an underperforming gutless team for years,

What? He replied in the other thread too. I think you're both wrong. What more can I say?
Answer me this,
Would Richie be here if Brands never came?
(The answer starts with Y)
Would Richie be here if Marco never came
(The answer starts with N)

now tell me who is responsible for Richie being at Everton
The answer begins with M S

Answer me this,
Would Richie be here if Brands never came?
(The answer starts with Y)
Would Richie be here if Marco never came
(The answer starts with N)

now tell me who is responsible for Richie being at Everton
The answer begins with M S
You can't answer those questions really. A lot of factors impact them.

Regardless of who recommends the player, Brands does the deals. Unless you want to start crediting individual scouts too, I'm looking at transfers as the DOFs domain and first team results the managers.

Regardless of who recommends the player, Brands does the deals. Unless you want to start crediting individual scouts too, I'm looking at transfers as the DOFs domain and first team results the managers.
Yup. I mean, what do you think his job is?

I actually have to credit your sheer bloody mindedness, I don’t think I have ever seen you just admit you are talking crap

fact is, if no marcel at Everton Richie would be here, if no Marco at Everton he wouldn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.