Marcel Brands on Ryan Gravenberch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked if he could be a target for Everton, Brands said, “Whether he is feasible for Everton? I’m afraid he will make a choice right away for the absolute top, as for example Frenkie de Jong (to Barcelona) or Memphis Depay to Manchester United at the time did that. “

Asked if he could be a target for Everton, Brands said, “Whether he is feasible for Everton? I’m afraid he will make a choice right away for the absolute top, as for example Frenkie de Jong (to Barcelona) or Memphis Depay to Manchester United at the time did that. “
Well he won’t say yes will he?

Doesn't really inspire confidence in Gbamin's likelihood of returning to a CM position if we are even considering a heavy outlay on this lad.

guys i already said in a previous chat on this lad: forget about him. Ajax asks top dollar for their stars like de Jong, de Light, one Mr Davy K lol. So doubt this has any legs. Besides i did not see the interview, but Brands was there commenting on this player not as an Everton director and probably meant tongue in cheek that he fancied him for us.

If there would be even a very, very small chance we could sign him, we should actually break the bank for him. The lad oozes class. But I think Brands is right: he will leave Ajax and head to one of the big clubs right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.