Manuel Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Player Valuation: £30m
Manuel Fernandes, who joined Everton on loan in January, is persona non grata at Valencia according to sporting director Juan Sanchez.

The Portugal international has been told by Los Ches that despite being under contract with the Spanish side, he is not expected to play at El Mestalla next season.

New manager Unai Emery does not consider the 22-year-old to be part of his plans, and as a consequence Valencia are looking for a new destination for a player they signed for £14 million in summer 2007.

Fernandes only appeared 7 times in La Liga before being sent on loan to The Toffees, where he played 12 games in The Premier League under David Moyes.

“We invested a lot on a player and we are going to find a solution to help him play regularly next season,” Sanchez told A Bola.
“It won’t be guaranteed to him here so we’re going to find him a new team.“In principle he’s not part of our plans but we never know what can happen.”

Source: Setanta Sports

Offer £2 million and van der meyde.

I reckon he'll be Moyes' first signing this window to be honest, despite how good he is nobody seems willing to splash any cash on him except us. Hopefully Valencia will get desperate for a return on him sooner rather then later.

Would be a excellent buy for £6-8 million.

I don't even think we should part with a transfer fee at all, get him on a season long loan with a view to buy at no more than £5M.

Yeah Vim. They clearly dont want him, they are skint and he will be eating up good wages.

The ball is in Evertons court with this one - for once. *expects a £10m transfer bid from Newcastle within the hour*

Yeah Vim. They clearly dont want him, they are skint and he will be eating up good wages.

The ball is in Evertons court with this one - for once. *expects a £10m transfer bid from Newcastle within the hour*

If this story is to believed then we need to act now, not in two weeks time to give shitehawk clubs like Newcastle to gazump us and over inflate his current value.

I don't even think we should part with a transfer fee at all, get him on a season long loan with a view to buy at no more than £5M.

Again?

Are we about to be taken seriously as a big club? Or are we about toying on football?

Again?

Are we about to be taken seriously as a big club? Or are we about toying on football?

Why lay out a large proportion of our transfer budget now on a player who seems readily available on a loan basis ? The initial outlay could be spent elsewhere. If this option is given to us then i guarantee you that DM will bite their hands off.

Last edited:

either way i think manny would be excellent next season with a pre season at everton under his belt

Why lay out a large proportion of our transfer budget now on a player who seems readily available on a loan basis ? The initial outlay could be spent elsewhere. If this option is given to us then i guarantee you that DM will bite their hands off.

First of all, Manny is a well known player. DM already knows if he wants him or not.

Second, an option for a permanent move won't guarantee us that the player will sign. So if he has a great season, he'll go for the club with the better offer.

If we're interested, then sign him permanently. If not, let him go.

Another loan, at this point wouldn't suit us in terms of stability. I'm not sure the player would want to be loaned again to us. He won't feel wanted if we try a loan for the third time.

First of all, Manny is a well known player. DM already knows if he wants him or not.

Second, an option for a permanent move won't guarantee us that the player will sign. So if he has a great season, he'll go for the club with the better offer.

Another loan, at this point wouldn't suit us in terms of stability. I'm not sure the player would want to be loaned again to us. He won't feel wanted if we try a loan for the third time.

The only people it wouldn't suit would be his agent(s)

I would prefer to see a second year long loan, but with the option to buy at an agreed price ala the Pienarr deal. Where it will get complex will be the third party ownership issue again, frankly none of us really know if it stil an issue or not.

From those quotes it sounds as if they would listen to approach for a loan, it also sounds as if we havnt been in touch in regard to this possibility!

Agreed! The club needs to do the cost/benefit and either buy or move on. Continuing to loan sends the wrong signal to Manny but it also sends the wrong signal to the potential players are yet to sign. "Hey, world-class def. mid. player X, come play for us. Oh, uh.... by the way, see that wonderful talent slotted next to you, well... don't get too attached."

Moyes has seen enough of what Manny has and has a feel for his upside. It should now just be a matter of assessing cost/benefit. It's just business. There may not be a better time to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.