Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Gomez was fantastic today. He took control of the midfield, particularly in the second half. We have to sign him on a permanent. Not going to slag Seamus and say he needs replacing because I don’t think he’s 100% fit but we definitely need some competition for the RB spot. I really don’t like seeing Richarlison up front, we just might as well not play him. Next week I’d like to see Lookman in for Walcott, Tosun upfront and Richarlison on the left for Bernard.
Zouma and Keane solid again today, we limited Utd to 2 decent chances the whole game.

I can't believe how many players we have who stink out the gaff. Do other teams have this too? Seeing Walcott and Coleman each week makes me think we're automatically playing at a disadvantage. Those two did nothing whatsoever right today.

I saw us huff and puff and create very little against a side that is bereft of confidence. United will struggle against everyone over the coming weeks so for us to give them a relatively routine afternoon says a lot about our performance.

Just look at how we played once we scored. We could barely string a pass together. It was embarrassing in all honesty.

Very little??? Probably more shots on target and chances than we have ever had against them. Bernard open goal, Coleman with only de gea to beat. 2 headers unfortunately straight at the keeper and a few shots. We had enough chances to get a result. Think you are just hurting because we haven't won so you are not thinking straight.

Thought we were pretty flat throughout the entire 90 personally, United were no great shakes at all and were there to be had. Disappointing.

Thought Coleman & Walcott were particularly poor, though few of our players were any good full stop.

The pattern we’ve seen today will be repeated in the next 3 games it’s demoralising that no matter how well we play the ref will have always have the top teams back

Walcott should be dropped for idleness. He left Martial to have a free, admittedly good shot for the killer 2nd. Coleman, who hardly covered himself in glory, told him so. What a miss from Seamus later. We are a team in the making. Early days yet. Let the idiots rant if they like. Patience is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.