Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that's the problem mate, we rave when we're beating you're Palace's, Fulham's etc, and how boss Silva and all our players are, but after today it'll all be about 'it's Man U away' 'they've spent millions' 'We're a work in progress etc' every performance should be scrutinised no matter who we've played.
Exactly, you can’t get carried away. For me we were never beating Leicester until Morgan got sent off either.

We desperately need to see some change because we’ve been far too predictable for years.

No it wasn't. That's the best display I've ever seen by us at old Trafford. Disgusting ref..about time we made a stand about the refs. Just refuse to play a game refed by Jon moss

Don’t know how long you’ve been watching us but we won there under Martinez, drew 4-4 there under Moyes, won 3-0 there if we’re going back to the 90s. It was a positive performance, and I agree Moss is a clown, but I’m not sure about that.

The result is exactly the same

Exaxtly.

I dont get our fans are happy with a performance with no points coming from it.

If we lose a cup final to me it doesnt matter if we played fantastic football and lost 3-2 or played dour and lost 1-0.

Silva got it wrong today we tried out playing them and they have better forwards. Should have kept it tight and used our pace on the counter. Walcott loses the ball in a 3-5-2 and Gana isnt left 1-1 with martial and thats the problem for me and whilst it could have been 2-2 it could easily have finished 3-1 at the end.

I would like to see us pragmatic away from home against the top 6 until we sign a top quality striker in January and hopefully a new RB to push Coleman - then we can afford to go toe to toe with these sides.

We can't blame our loss purely on one bad decision.

Ofcourse we can, it completely changed the game, they had their tails up after that pen when it was pretty even probably us looking more together, and a 1-0 lead at home in front of 70000 is always going to be an advantage, to be gifted that lead is a joke to the game

Not much in that to be honest. Pickford quality. Gomes makes himself so much time on the ball. A real class act today. But starting to get worried about Coleman. What was our strongest link now looking our weakest. And finishing practice all round this week please Marco.

Pickford Mom by a country mile for us.

Keane and Zouma very good.

Digne fine.

Coleman woeful.

Gueye fine, never ever a penalty.

Gomes grew into the game. Let's not forget it's his second appearance only.

Sigurdsson anonymous but good penalty.

Bernard very poor.

Walcott as bad as Coleman.

Richarlison grew into the game, can't do it all himself.

Subs: Lookman looked lively and should start over Walcott next game. Nothing to say about Tosun, hardly touched the ball. Same with DCL.

Overall done by a pathetic referee, but miles off the quality we need in the final third.

We're a 7th to 10th place team and I'd be my life savings that we'll finish there.

Hard to take that and I hate losing against them, be arsed with the whole enemy of my enemy thing they think they have going on with us.

I'd bang on about needing VAR but then what's the point if the people running the thing are incompetent anyway? It's not just VAR the Premiership needs it's a whole new set of officials. Tits.

For me, this is still progress - the plan is coming together. Utd relieved to hear the final whistle. There are a few positions in which we need to strengthen. Silva has it right: we need to recognise the key moments and execute much better by thinking clearly under pressure. E.g. That final corner when Jordan was up. Ademola choosing to shoot when he should have passed. And an all round criticism for the whole team that we need to stop giving the ball away at key moments.

But I'm not dismayed by this performance - on the contrary.

Don’t know how long you’ve been watching us but we won there under Martinez, drew 4-4 there under Moyes, won 3-0 there if we’re going back to the 90s. It was a positive performance, and I agree Moss is a clown, but I’m not sure about that.

just because we win before doesn't make it better. Every time we went forward we looked like we could have scored

lost to a dodgy pen that wasnt that changed the game,great finish by a player that always scorers v us,Bernard sitter,the coleman chance etc,a few very good saves from pickford when we give up a touch and in the end we have same amount of shots and just a few less on target than them etc,bit unlucky

Agree with many that Coleman isn’t 100% but far too early to say he’s finished. Give JJK a few games to take the pressure off Coleman and then let them duke it out for a place. I just hope we don’t stick with the sentimentality of him being captain if he continues to be a liability on the pitch.

some massive overeactions here already.

Indeed... Never change GOT :D

Don't wanna sound small time, but quite heartened by that, made up Silva and Brands seem to be targetting character as well as ability. We all knew it wouldn't be an overnight transformation but give us another couple of windows...

We’ve let these off the hook here, they’re a poor side. We can’t not choke at the big 6 though.

Our team is not strong enough as yet. I am sure Silva will recognise the weaknesses and act upon them. We went there to have a go...got a dodgy decision against us which set us back. We had our chances and didn't take them. I am afraid Seamus got showed up defensively but I have always thought he wasn't that good defending but brilliant going forward, but now even going forward he is struggling. Thought Pickford, Keane, Zoma and Digne played well along with Gomes. Richarlison, Bernard, Walcott not so well. Siggys effort and some of his passes was great. I honestly didn't see what Lookman brought to the team but was needed at the time as Bernard was not ticking. Still think we need a big presence in CM and as good as Gana is I would think we could find better as a starter.

Arsenal and Man Utd we have had a go at and have felt we were unlucky but we do need to convert chances to catch up to them. Boss striker and we will be so much closer. We are going in the right direction but still work in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.