Manchester United 1-1 Everton - Tactical Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not something I've noticed much but wouldn't surprise me! I have noticed we've been better defensively from throw in's against us, especially deep in the opposition half. We really crowd them out and give them very little option but to go long and often win the ball back.
Excellent analysis - My two cents is that the difference in the style of play stems from the increased fitness levels. No way these players were able to do this last season as they all looked goosed after 60 minutes.

Sound mate.

Yep. I'm not sure how Gray or Doucoure got us into the position to get Townsend in, unbelievable play.
I kept watching this goal and kept thinking how did United stuff this up. Gray bullying Fred when really the advantage was with Fred entirely. Then Doucoure taking out 3 United players in a second.

Really good stuff. Shows all the little stuff that we weren't doing well last season, as well as our odd defensive lapses where someone gets hung out to dry against two opponents.

Cheers lads!
How do you think a fully fit Everton would tackle this Man Utd squad? Same formation but with Coleman, Richarlison & DCL?
Watching the Atletico vs Barcelona match, I can see where Benitez got (some) of his inspiration. Atletico only managed 28 percent possesion, yet was never in any real trouble & won

How do you think a fully fit Everton would tackle this Man Utd squad? Same formation but with Coleman, Richarlison & DCL?
Watching the Atletico vs Barcelona match, I can see where Benitez got (some) of his inspiration. Atletico only managed 28 percent possesion, yet was never in any real trouble & won
Gordon did great, Rondon did okay. Richarlison and DCL are that next level of player compared them them two though. I think we'd of won comfortably with them. We had no troubles all game. We are the most defensive we've been in years whilst being the most attacking we've been in years at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.