Manchester United 1-1 Everton - Tactical Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss lad.
Sound mate.
For our goal, If you look at Gray, he's facing the stands and potentially going nowhere - until Fred(?) clogs him and turns him round the right way. Gray then pokes the ball forward with his left foot and off he goes and the rest, as they say - Is history.
Yep. I'm not sure how Gray or Doucoure got us into the position to get Townsend in, unbelievable play.

That all makes sense to me .. keep them coming please.

Not sure its tactical but it seems we are also a bit better at thow ins now too as we don't seem to loose possession from our own throws quite as we much as used to. (this was driving me mad for several years now)

Great point and pic. So good to see intent!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211003-120120.png
    Screenshot_20211003-120120.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 66
That all makes sense to me .. keep them coming please.

Not sure its tactical but it seems we are also a bit better at thow ins now too as we don't seem to loose possession from our own throws quite as we much as used to. (this was driving me mad for several years now)

Not something I've noticed much but wouldn't surprise me! I have noticed we've been better defensively from throw in's against us, especially deep in the opposition half. We really crowd them out and give them very little option but to go long and often win the ball back.

It was like a song you cant get out of your head. Someone who sits behind me pointed it out a few years ago now just how bad we were and I've seen it several times a match ever since, usually with him taping me on the shoulder now each time it happens.

Typically something like this. Anywhere in the opposition half, our throw, give up the opportunity of a quick throw, wait for full back to get the ball. Throw into crowded space. Loose ball. Arrrgghh!

Hopefully wont see it as often now!

Status
Not open for further replies.