Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely now we have VAR Marriner could have denied City a penalty... VAR overturns it... Then go back to VAR for the handball... No penalty... Then have a bit more for the offside check just to make sure the free kick was from the right place....

I've been thinking about not watching Coronation St anymore because the story line has become so ridiculous, and having read this thread up to the
end of the match I'm having the same thoughts about coming here. A few dozen posts were insane. I'd usually add an IMO here, but not in this case. It's a matter of fact.

I'm not going to name names, or say 'you know who you are', because you probably wouldn't. One post that stood out said in part 'Gabriel Jesus is crap'.
I don't remember who it was and there were probably even more ridiculous opinions posted, but I had to get this off my chest, and no, I won't stop coming
here because I'm addicted to it.

Hats off to Man City, they played well, they controlled the ball, passed it around well, and Jesus scored like a peak Ronaldo against us. Like he always does. They are difficult to play against. I thought the first half display from both teams was actually top quality, but slow, it was like watching a 90s Italian game of football.

No Billy, I was clocked that in the school’s athletic meet. I wasn’t fastest though: Gary Henley Smith (who was fullback in the team) won in 10.8 secs...he went on to win the nationals and later was NZ’s fastest at 10.6 secs .
By the way Billy, it was a rugby team that swept all before it. Two All Blacks came out of it...
Anyway, enough of my reminiscing: how fast could you run Billy?
I’m imagining if you were as quick on your feet as you are as quick witted now, you would have set some astonishing 100m times.

It’s weird that people on here don’t believe that a poster on here used to be able to run fast just because they couldn’t. I ran the 100 at 11.28 secs at 15 years old. Went to regionals and didn’t even make it in the top 3. This was back in the mid 90’s when the world record was above 10 seconds I think. A second is a massive difference and there are millions of people that fall into that one second so I don’t find it hard to believe you when you say you ran it in 11.00

I thought we looked a bit leggy most of the game (until last 20 mins), whereas City were really snappy and sharp throughout.

Their one touch, incisive attacking was cutting right through us at times - lucky not to concede more.

Pleased we still showed spirit towards the end with Kean adding some energy up front.

(I think 'Spirit' is going to be Ancelotti's catchphrase here!)

In contrast to the last run of games when its was just a bit more class up front we need
when your playing against this level its all about having a competitive midfield

Its like struggling to paddle out in big surf while they just keep catching waves in.

We definitely missed Bernard. Hope he's ok for Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.