Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We always knew this would be a difficult game to win. We looked jaded for the majority of the match but losing by one goal to Man City is not the end of the world even though a loss is always hard to swallow

Teams shattered, especially in midfield where we are so short at the moment in numbers, good spirit to get back in the game. Ultimately we’ve just lost to the champions at home, we know we are miles away from where we want to be but once we get players back and new players in, Carlo will have us flying.

Honestly a lot to work on. We started the game very deep and tried to have a slow pace. We grew into the game but never at any point looked a consistent threat.

It is what it is. An awful midfield that exposed the defence against one of the world's most inventive attacks and isolated the forwards. City are a very good side but it's frustrating when we don't have a go.

Ancelotti has a lot of work ahead of him. A lot.

Granted City are far superior all over the pitch and on the bench, but Claudio has now seen how substandard our players really are. Backwards sideways and backward in a mind numbing first half. I doubt if Sigurdsson will get his place back he is so awful. On the plus side it is surely unlikely that Claudio can afford not to sign two players to improve this squad.

Who the hell is Claudio?

Roll on the summer. Carlo earn your corn fella. Let's welcome real changes. It wasn't nice today on. Yeah we scored a goal but they were in control.

Until we fix the midfield we won't be competing with a team like that and sadly I don't know that we have much hope Sunday either. Fix the midfield and you'll start to see more from the team on the whole.

I agree.

They have more in their Saudi ring finger than we have in our whole body. There 3rd stringers are at our quality level

Status
Not open for further replies.