Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any result against these will be difficult as they're a top side, however they're far from playing their best - looking mentality fragile - and we're improving.

If we don't let them settle and frustrate their style, I think we can sneak a 2-1 victory here.

18-0 win all scored by Pickford.

All scored by DCL to take him to 26 league goals for the season and pipe the remaining naysayers down...

DCL then goes on a scoring run of 3 per game to become the clubs highest ever scorer and a global icon.

Did anyone suggest we “wilfully lose games”?

No, they didn’t.

The club and it’s professional playing staff would never be guilty of that.

We as fans however, we are different.....we have licence to think that way, even though we cannot effect it.

Regarding football and a “Tolkien novel”.

Here’s the thing....football is a real life thing for us.

Tolkien’s novels are not a real life thing....in fact they are pure fantasy.

So if EFC lose a relatively meaningless match toward the end of a season and that stops the RS winning the Title then be it so.

No Evertonian living in this city regret us losing to City the twice that those losses denied them the PL title.

Ok. Calm down. It was mainly in jest.

You see i could go about this in the same tact, disect each line taking it out of context and attempt to make a bit of a tit out of you in the process maybe finish with a dig about living in the city. I live 4.2 miles away from goodison btw are you closer, does this make my point anymore valid now you have this info?

But i wont, because it wont expand upon my original point of creating a winning culture at the club, it starts with the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.