Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
As maybe some of you know, I'm not biggest fan of Marco Silva, so I compiled a list of managers who are imo attainable by a club of our size and have better credentials than our current manager. I divided them by countries they're currently managing and there is a list of unemployed ones as well. There are lot of suggestions in other threads, so it would be better to keep it in one place.

PS I tried to keep it realistic so I didn't put the usual suspects like Mourinho, Blanc or Conte here as there's no way we could attract them. Moyes didn't make it as well ;)

Unemployed
Julen Lopetegui (last managed Real Madrid)
Peter Stoger (Borussia Dortmund)
Heiko Herrlich (Bayer Leverkusen)
Vincenzo Montella (Sevilla)
Gustavo Poyet (Bordeaux)
Phillip Cocu (Fenerbahce)

England
Eddie Howe (Bournemouth)
Rafael Benitez (Newcastle)
Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds)

France
Christophe Galtier (Lille)
Bruno Genesio (Lyon)
Thierry Laurey (Strasbourg) - impressive work with Strasbourg, he promoted them to Ligue 1 and they're sitting on 5th place with a League Cup final to follow.
Patrick Vieira (Nice)
Rudi Garcia (Marseille)

Spain
Jose Bordalas (Getafe)
Marcelino (Valencia)
Quique Setien (Betis)

Germany
Adi Hutter (Frankfurt)
Bruno Labbadia (Wolfsburg)

Italy
Gian Piero Gasperini (Atalanta)
Simone Inzaghi (Lazio)
Stefano Pioli (Fiorentina)

Other
Marco Rose (Red Bull Salzburg)
Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord)
Steve Clarke (Kilmarnock)
Sergio Conceicao (Porto)
You missed the bloke Huddersfield just sacked....our level.

Who could we have had instead of them mate? The likes of Simeone and Conte wouldn’t touch a footballing backwater like us.

There are more quality managers in this world than those two. We pay good money for the top football minds and we grab The premier league flavor of the month every time

I think Silva needs at least another few months.But i hope the board do make an approach to Wenger.Just to say the jobs is yours if you want it, if we sack Silva.If we are going to dump Silva, then we need to have a replacement ready to step in.Unlike what happened when Koeman was quite rightly binned.

Genuinely think if Everton throw the cash at Conte before any big jobs in Italy open up (or Real decide they should've went with him in the first place), he could be had. Brands would have to sell it to him and promises would have to be made but I honestly think it's at least possible.

If not him, a favourite of Brands in Cocu could be likely.

Good chance they have another attempt to give a lower manager a chance to step up, hoping they'll succeed where Martinez/Koeman/seemingly Silva have all failed. Someone like Wagner or Howe. Personally not sold on them at all. Would like to see Wagner with more resources tbh, but he'd probably be best off at a club with less expectation. At least to start. Howe should stay at Bournemouth imo. It's best for all involved.

Phillip Cocu shouts...Ever watched Fener this season? His choices were absymal, he is shy as hell also, even worse than Marco Silva at mumbling, he is a decent guy tho no words to his character unlike his countryman Koeman, but come on, after his Fener disaster, I am convinced he won't do that well outside of Holland and Belgium. He is getting crushed under pressure in football crazy countries, ie Mediterranean countries or England.

Just give up for those who still want him, it would be Koeman v2 as a result. Dutch football is at rock bottom, we should avoid its products.

Status
Not open for further replies.