Managerial criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellmema

Player Valuation: £8m
Lots of talk about which manager we want but was thinking what criteria characteristics do we want from the next manager of our beloved boys in blue.

Old hand / young gun
Big name / up and coming
Winner / potential
Set playing style/ flexible
Man manager / strong tactician
Beautiful togger / win at all costs
Loves or gets everton / loves winning
Media darling / pantomime villain
Hard arse / soft egg
Youth focussed / first team only
Loves set plays / free flowing footie

Sure there's loads of other things, but..... as Chico said, there's a habit of getting a bit partisan with candidates. Maybe this could help. Maybe this is just balls. What do you want from the hopeful one.

Mods, merge if needed.

Trophy-Collection.jpg

Lots of talk about which manager we want but was thinking what criteria characteristics do we want from the next manager of our beloved boys in blue.

Old hand / young gun
Big name / up and coming
Winner / potential
Set playing style/ flexible
Man manager / strong tactician
Beautiful togger / win at all costs
Loves or gets everton / loves winning
Media darling / pantomime villain
Hard arse / soft egg
Youth focussed / first team only
Loves set plays / free flowing footie

Sure there's loads of other things, but..... as Chico said, there's a habit of getting a bit partisan with candidates. Maybe this could help. Maybe this is just balls. What do you want from the hopeful one.

Mods, merge if needed.

...good thread. Biggest competency as far as I'm concerned is his record in the transfer market.

For me
Experience but youngish
Rebuild a team so will need to deal with a lot of new players coming in
Can work with the young lads
Hate the rs

It's a tough one, part of me wants a young hungry manager, the other just wants someone who can deliver silverware. Of course we will never know how it pans out until it happens.

For me
Experience but youngish
Rebuild a team so will need to deal with a lot of new players coming in
Can work with the young lads
Hate the rs
Good points. Transfers and hating rs. What was I thinking.

For me. After the last three years, I want a winner. Don't care if he gets everton and only stays short- term. Just get us back where we should be and we can take it from there.
Flexible tactician, man manager, big name, who wins at all costs.

[Poor language removed]. I know who I want now.

Typical everton gonna disappoint me.

Someone who will wreck the reds in the next derby, before slapping Klopp, removing his glasses and stamping on them in front of the Kop! Anything else would be a bonus! :)

I can out up with a lot from an Eevrton team (God knows we get the practice) but i cannot put up with them rolling over everytime we play the scheiser!

Anyone with a "philosophy" of how the game "should" be played sets alarm bells ringing for me.

I would prefer the simplicity of Brian Clough who would say things such as pass the ball to someone wearing the same coloured shirt, that's the goal - put the ball in it, if you lose the ball go and get it back

For me, someone bloody honest who speaks normal words would be a big help, I can't be listening to [Poor language removed] like Martinez spoke anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.