Manager signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfosse

Place your Advert here reasonable rates
David Moyes has been at Everton for 10 years, and in that time he has bought a lot of players, I don't know how many for certain, but a lot. Out of them all, which one has surprised you the most, surprised as in better than you thought, or worse. I mean players you knew of before they were signed, not the likes of Pienaar, Yobo, Bily etc who the majority of us had never heard of. My biggest surprise was Beattie, who I thought would be a big success, but unfortunately was s**t, on the other hand Marcus Bent was bought for almost nothing helped us a lot in getting into Europe, and sold for a healthy profit.

David Moyes has been at Everton for 10 years, and in that time he has bought a lot of players, I don't know how many for certain, but a lot. Out of them all, which one has surprised you the most, surprised as in better than you thought, or worse. I mean players you knew of before they were signed, not the likes of Pienaar, Yobo, Bily etc who the majority of us had never heard of. My biggest surprise was Beattie, who I thought would be a big success, but unfortunately was s**t, on the other hand Marcus Bent was bought for almost nothing helped us a lot in getting into Europe, and sold for a healthy profit.

I was surprised when we signed Nigel Martyn. I thought he was over the hill. Good thing I'm not the manager and Moyes is.

Baines - thought may be an okay back up for Lescott if he got injured.

VDM - Really thought we had a quality player, gutted how that one went.

Nigel Martyn (and Everton as a whole) had that one fantastic season but were bookended by two woeful campaigns so I can never really have him up there, even if Moyes himself says he was his best signing.

Pienaar has been his best signing, for me...it's pretty clear that for all his issues Moyes creates a great working atmosphere and he's thrived every one of the four times he's been here.

Nigel Martyn (and Everton as a whole) had that one fantastic season but were bookended by two woeful campaigns so I can never really have him up there, even if Moyes himself says he was his best signing.

Pienaar has been his best signing, for me...it's pretty clear that for all his issues Moyes creates a great working atmosphere and he's thrived every one of the four times he's been here.
Pienaar didn't surprise me as I didn't know anything about him before he signed, so he could've been brilliant for his previous clubs

Pienaar didn't surprise me as I didn't know anything about him before he signed, so he could've been brilliant for his previous clubs

I guess it's surprised me how a modern day so called money grabbing footballer has really learned his lesson about going elsewhere and been pretty frank & honest about his mistakes.

Jelavic ... He was far better than I thought he'd be and this season his game has developed even more, he's a much better all round player now !

Status
Not open for further replies.