Management Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pab Laa

Player Valuation: £1m
Sorry if there's a similar post... But I think we need to revamp from bottom to top...

Dunk and Rhino are legends in their own right... But I do wonder how much they effect new ideas and methods in the day to day running of the club!

If a new manager is to come in, then it should be from the U16s onwards...

My thoughts only...

I think Unsworth is doing a fine job and shouldn't be punted out. However the rest of them should absolutely be gone.

You look at the number of injuries we pick up and question the fitness staff. You look at how Pickford has failed to kick on like he should have, how our defenders cannot defend, how our midfielders can only pass the ball sideways and backwards, and how our strikers cannot score goals. The lack of creativity, the absolute lack of tactics in games.

During the games, you look to inspiration from the sidelines and all you see is the manager and his assistant sat silently and motionless on the bench. Duncan is only there on sentiment, n'all.

It's high time for a major revamp, but it won't happen.

I'd like us to go and poach the Southampton boss if we aren't able to attract a higher calibre of coach.

Sorry if there's a similar post... But I think we need to revamp from bottom to top...

Dunk and Rhino are legends in their own right... But I do wonder how much they effect new ideas and methods in the day to day running of the club!

My thoughts only...

I think its silly to assume that Dunc has any major input other than putting cones out and telling people to run faster in training.

Personally.

But there have been quite a behind the scenes movement over the last few years.

I think its silly to assume that Dunc has any major input other than putting cones out and telling people to run faster in training.

Personally.

But there have been quite a behind the scenes movement over the last few years.

Theres been tremendous movement on the pitch too. Just not the footballing kind.

Its about time that we bring some quality manager with major experience. We've done some serious experiments with rookie managers for the last six years and failed dramatically. If we are not going to bring back Moyes then it should be someone with a high profile and a winning mentality.

My thoughts only...
i know it’s horses for courses and all that, but it made me feel very sad to think thta Dunc and Rhino have ‘legend‘ status at our club :(

It's chicken and egg, if the underlying people and process are flawed, then any football management revamp is flawed. We'll see if Brands is different.

I am very dejected, and it seems we have problems on and off the pitch which and endemic and for which there is no easy solution, and certainly not a silver bullet.

It does not help though, that Kenwright is still in place and we have a CEO from his gene pool.

Not that they are responsible for all of our ills either, but it was and is a fundamental error that the Moshiri era did not usher in a complete and radical overhaul right at the top.

For decades there has been too many people operating in a comfort zone at Everton, with few people, and nobody with authority, brought in to offer a new perspective and new solutions.

If we had a Chairman and CEO truly worth their salt, then perhaps the flaws with Moshiri's blind obsession with Koeman and/or Silva could have been challenged.

There was talk of people of the calibre of Bryan Gilvary being appointed to the board - Chief Financial Officer at BP and a blue. There would be blood on the floor if people of his ability were allowed to scrutinise the day to day and strategic operations of the club, both business and football.

The fact people of that ilk were/are not appointed suggests to me that such scrutiny is unwelcome at Everton and instead we get Keith Harris who came, went, and added nothing.

My thoughts only...
Good post.

The way coaches like Unsworth, Jeffers, Ebbrell etc and a cone layer like Ferguson just get retained manager after manager is astounding.

There needs to be a new broom sweeping clean.

My thoughts only...
Might have a point here.
If you listen to people talk about our academy you would think we were Barcelona.
We seem to get the odd player come through but they are poor in the first team.
Rooney is the exception of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.