Match Thread Man Utd v Everton. Saturday Oct 2nd.12.30 pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most these anti benitez lads you'll find them through the years predicting loses against teams in the bottom 3 in match threads.

Now they are mocking people being realistic about No strikers Everton getting a result at Old Trafford. 160m and best player in the world.

It's obvious what you are doing of course.
We have a striker though. Your saviour rondon.

Pardon? Rashford, Ronaldo & Greenwood lol
Rashford has been injured for months mate. They play Pogba on the wing nowadays in a 4-2-3-1, usually with Bruno in that ten spot though he drops back to aid the attack and defense and then its Greenwood or Lingard on the wing, two players of absolute quality, then you have one of the best strikers of the modern era. Definite one of the best attacks in the world.

Rashford has been injured for months mate. They play Pogba on the wing nowadays in a 4-2-3-1, usually with Bruno in that ten spot though he drops back to aid the attack and defense and then its Greenwood or Lingard on the wing, two players of absolute quality, then you have one of the best strikers of the modern era. Definite one of the best attacks in the world.

Most certainly not the 2nd best in the world behind PSG though.

I'm an Everton geek. Before I got to 35 I could remember all kinds I love numbers and things like that but I also had good visual recall.
Fair play, often after the games in the 80's i would be on the train or bus getting home and i would be like "what was the score?"

could be a heady mix of Higsons and those Glorious mid to late 80's years tho!

I defo wish i could have that amount of recall!

And on we go. A comfortable if not brilliant win at the weekend over a terrible Norwich side keeps us high up the table after 6 games.
View attachment 140288
But this one sees a marked step up in class as we head to Old Trafford to take on a multi talented squad including on the greatest of all time in Ronaldo. But villa went and beat em last weekend and moon head Maguire is out. And Ole is once again under pressure .
We are still down a lot of key players but pickford is back and there are rumours Richy maybe . We could really do with a better option up top then the immobile rondon . But townsend , gray and Doucoure continue to show real impressive form .View attachment 140289
Last seasons game there was a classic with a last minute equaliser for us . Something similar here wouldn't be too bad would it .
Then comes another dreaded International break. So come ye blues. Into those cocky Manc scruffs .
UTFT.
They sometimes seem a bit brittle, will we be the Toffee Hammer to break them?
All things being equal - I'll take the draw.

Fair play, often after the games in the 80's i would be on the train or bus getting home and i would be like "what was the score?"

could be a heady mix of Higsons and those Glorious mid to late 80's years tho!

I defo wish i could have that amount of recall!

I'm closer to 57 than 56 now, but could name all of the FA Cup winners from 1960 to 1995, but have very little recollection of any since then!! Seems its an ageing thing - short term memory starts to decline in 40s/50s.

It is why I am always recording quiz programmes to try and keep this mush of a brain working

Status
Not open for further replies.