Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a load of crap if I'm being honest.

Europe gives you:

1. A load more money to spend
2. Makes joining a club a lot more attractive.
3. Load more money and more attractive for players = you get better players.
4. Better players = you do better in the domestic league.

It's sad it's become like that, but it's reality and your view point is still stuck in the 80's.

And who cares how we get into it.end goal is making Everton great again. Getting into Europe would be a MASSIVE step in that direction.
I literally stopped reading at crap.

Grow up and learn to express your difference of opinion without having to resort to insults - or at least make the insult interesting or unique. If you start with a crass phrase then what incentive has the reader to carry on? We're not savages dear boy.

So if I understand this, Villa are guaranteed Europa League next year and 5th gets you into the Big Cup?

End of the season just got interesting!
I'm not sure the league cup qualifies for Europe anymore.

Edit, just read an article which suggests if City win the league cup, the Europa spot could go to the 8th placed club as long as a top 4 team won the champions league.

Last edited:
Clearly the only just and equitable way to enable some sort of level playing field is to impose a wage cap, yet the authorities continually shy away from such an obvious measure.
Wages are far and away the biggest financial strain on the sport.
For young men to be routinely paid more per month than an average working person will earn in their lifetime ,that is an obscenity, and that this is for kicking a bag of wind round a park once a week is patently absurd as well as distasteful.
Rugby Union is currently showing the way in enforcing salary caps and what I find interesting in this case is how much opprobrium is directed at not just the club but at the players also and from not only fans but fellow players as well.
Clearly if you introduce morally acceptable restrictions it can introduce a level of morality amongst supporters and players which is otherwise continually eroded.
A salary cap is the best way to clear out the Augean stable that association football has come to resemble.

They can't even align the transfer windows to not give advantages to some ,there is no way a salary cap is coming back .Just one question what would it be ? 20,000 a week which is the minimum most footballers we talk about earn ? That is still a crazy wage compared to the average Joe .10,000 is still very high and how many of the stupidly high earners would be prepared for that ? 350,000 a week down to 10,000 without some other reaction .It is never going to happen , sadly .

Anyway they would just get it from sponsorship deals or some other loop hole ,Sky and the like have a lot to answer for pouring stupid money into a working class sport just for financial gain ,they will drop football in the blink of an eye when the next big thing comes along .
Back on OP the punishment for City is our best hope to change FFP .In principle I agreed with it but it is a bit like the Brexit vote in that no one had thought it through ,now it is giving an unfair advantage they never envisaged and all the teams should try to bring it down and implement a better system .
It was instigated to stop someone buying the title by just purchasing the best players al la Abramovitch -at one time they had 250 professionals on their books !.
Instead it has insulated the top few by allowing them an unfair monetary advantage that is almost insurmountable unless things change .

I think the next 5/6 games will tell where this team wants to be, as a club we have always bottled it when we have an opportunity to deliver to the fans.

That was before King Carlo

So if I understand this, Villa are guaranteed Europa League next year and 5th gets you into the Big Cup?

End of the season just got interesting!
No. The runner up doesn’t qualify for the UEFA Cup in the League Cup mate. The only way they’ll qualify is to beat City. The place goes to the league if City win, irrespective of whether their ban is imposed next year or not, as they’ll finish in the top 4.

I'm not sure the league cup qualifies for Europe anymore.

Edit, just read an article which suggests if City win the league cup, the Europa spot could go to the 8th placed club as long as a top 4 team won the champions league.
Ah great we can all cheer on the mighty reds. Happy days

Status
Not open for further replies.