Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 5th will now get you a CL spot then this is great news for us. Lets go all out for it.

Imagine having Carlo Ancelotti taking us into the Champions League given his record in it. Not saying we'd get anywhere near winning it but having CL football plus him as manager we'd be able to attract a much higher standard of player than we currently aspire to.

Never liked City much anyway since the snotty way they dealt with us during the Lescott fiasco during the summer of 2009 so no sympathy for them.

Reactions: Jin
Yeah but CAS and the courts do not do things quickly, normally.
Yea I know.

I'm just saying man City, the Premier league and eufa all have more reasons to get it done quickly than not, like you implied.

I personally think this will most likely go into next season, therefore man City will probably be in the champions league and the punishment will be pushed back.

But if they are banned next season, this is a massive chance for us.

Hopefully City win the CL this season, and drop a massive turd in the Cup at the end of the game and plant it in the centre circle and give UEFA a massive two-fingered salute.
I imagine however that the money men at City will relish the challenge of hiring the best legal team money can buy (really) and embarrassing UEFA in the appeal.

I wonder if the 5th place team have a legal case if this is mired in CAS so City play on under appeal. 5th team lose revenue, although only if City lose the appeal and especially if they are slaughtered in the appeal would there be a possible case.

I wonder if the 5th place team have a legal case if this is mired in CAS so City play on under appeal. 5th team lose revenue, although only if City lose the appeal and especially if they are slaughtered in the appeal would there be a possible case.

They would have no case.

You can’t retrospectively claim for hypothetical lost revenue because legal due process was followed.

Apparently the FA were given the same financial reports by city that they gave UEFA.

I hope they get nailed to the wall the cheating scum.

This gives us a great opportunity to get in the CL this season.
Think you need to look long term fella.
If it stands and we miraculously finish 5th and therefore Champions lge.
There is then no chance of spending big money on the type of players in order to compete in the Champs lge. If we did , do you think they would sit back and allow us to ignore FFP ?
No they would be delighted to punish us plus then the Prem would sanction us.

We should hope City get this overturned and the very principal of FFP comes into question.

We will finish 5th .... qualify .... then on appeal the ban is canceled and we end up missing out. I’m fully expecting a epl points deduction for them but they won’t do it this season. They will wait until next so the RS can wrap up the title by Xmas and Klopp will still whinge about the unfairness of the Xmas schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.