Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll just appeal and get a fine. UEFA rarely holds up their own punishments. Or they'll go to that independent court and it'll get quashed
I doubt itll be quashed but you have to question, why a 2 year ban? I'd say that it's so on Man City appealing itll be reduced to 1 year and UEFA able to save face and say 'we punished them!' It will be a strong deterrent to other clubs who might not comply with fairplay as it would be detrimental to any club to be out of European competition who depend on being in it regularly.

Why wouldn’t they appeal?
Drag it out long as possible, a possibility it might be reduced/ suspended. Makes no difference to us, we’ll finish where we finish.
EQwdfuKWsAAIX4x

They will appeal.

FFP feels like just a way to block other clubs getting into the elite.

To make it truly fair/competitive every club should be given identical funds.Maybe not workable though (n)

I personally think the current rules are fine.

Football isnt a fair sport, it never has been.

Nobody complained when we were called The Mersey Millionaires or when we blew every team in Europe out the water in Moshiris first few years.

Well yes, despite the importance to UEFA, City and the Premier League, the courts and CAS have no interest in a speedy resolution.

I think City won’t mind it dragging out into next season because it means they can say to Pep and their top players, “we are guaranteed CL this season, and we think we will win our case.”

But the Premier League have a problem at the minute because they don’t know where the land lies and they seriously need clarification from Uefa, you cannot have a team coming 5th, thinking, planning, and spending for CL only to have the rug pulled from them by some Swiss court in July.

So The PL need to clarify what qualifies for what within the next few weeks and no later.

Well yes, despite the importance to UEFA, City and the Premier League, the courts and CAS have no interest in a speedy resolution.
You would think city would want a speedy resolution.

Sponsors of city will want to know what is happening before signing up, city will also be weary of when it takes into effect and if they are gonna get a points reduction, they would surely want it applied for this season.

The Premier league will also want a speedy decision because it effects the fixture list for next season as well.

You would think city would want a speedy resolution.

Sponsors of city will want to know what is happening before signing up, city will also be weary of when it takes into effect and if they are gonna get a points reduction, they would surely want it applied for this season.

The Premier league will also want a speedy decision because it effects the fixture list for next season as well.

Yeah but CAS and the courts do not do things quickly, normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.