Lukaku's goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_aussie05

Player Valuation: £8m
He's scored 35 goals in 78 goals for us now.

19 in a season isn't bad, although only 9 in 33 league games takes the gloss off it a bit. Would still be good to see him get 20+ goals this season, though

If he stays next season, and stays relatively injury free, how many goals do you think is realistic for him to get?

19 in a season isn't bad, although only 9 in 33 league games takes the gloss off it a bit. Would still be good to see him get 20+ goals this season, though

If he stays next season, and stays relatively injury free, how many goals do you think is realistic for him to get?
Only 7 from open play in the league.

Depends who we sign and if we're back to being boss next season or not. This has been an awful season with hardly any creativity in the team, and the few who can create goals have been injured in parts. Lukaku himself has been injured this season and played through an injury. Yet, after all this, he's scored 19 goals and it's very likely he's going to get 20 this season.

He could get 25 plus next season.

Only 7 from open play in the league.
True but it is fairly common for strikers goal tallies to include penalties - Aguero is the top scorer in the league but those numbers include two penalties against Spurs alone.

Lukaku hasn't had the greatest of seasons compared to his previous ones but since taking penalties is still a skill it is good that he seems to have improved that part of his game.

If he had a sigurdson or eriksen behind him he'd be getting minimum 25 a season

Hes not been at his best or had the best supply but hes still going to get 20 goals this season, the lad slots

Lukaku hasn't had the greatest of seasons compared to his previous ones but since taking penalties is still a skill it is good that he seems to have improved that part of his game.

I suppose so, but I'm not convinced by his penalties at all. Looks like there's an accident just waiting to happen to me

He sold him, he complained about him being an under achiever for 12 months, he doesn't rate him
I think his gripe is as a team player who will shut up and get on with the job of being a footballer

lukaku is a team player though. i've heard nothing from him that suggests otherwise. he seems the motivational type that can try and spur the best out of others. he's been a bit crap this season, but i'd put it more down to injuries and no service whatsoever in a large majority of games. think he'll be future belgium captain if i'm honest.

we won't be as bad as we are this season again - it's been shocking from everyone. rom's grown a lot though. he's never had a season like this where questions have been asked before - will probably benefit him the most in his career.

He's a good finisher, so I imagine he'll always score around 15-20, depending on how long the team lasts in the cups.

God knows how many he'd get in a side which reaches the latter stages of the Europa League. He seems as though he was born to bundle through jarg continental defences.

Status
Not open for further replies.