Homepage Article Lukaku: “I owe Everton so much”

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is right, there's no need to jump all over that. He attacked the ball more aggressively at West Brom, he got completely knocked out with that goal and he never really went in for headers as aggressively again.
Maybe it’s cos he put on weight, and lost a bit of explosiveness?

He never really attacked the ball with us after that. I mean, I don't blame him, I've fractured my skull when I was younger and I wouldn't doubt if he did also there. He was actually pretty good in the air with West Brom.
From what I hear he is actually quite an intelligent lad too. No doubt he knows the risks, and would rather not risk it for later in life.

The one positive to him leaving was that the rather annoying section of our fans that were hyper-critical of him got exactly what they deserved with DCL and Niasse up front for the years after he left. Many of us tried to explain what we'd be losing in Rom to his more prolific detractors, but were met by paragraph after mind-numbingly stupid paragraph about first touch, link-up play, moaning on the pitch etc etc.

Being proven right is scant consolation for the horrific performances of our strikers in recent times.

It's great to see that now Lukaku's gone on to make an absolute show of these people over his career, the vast majority have put their agendas aside and will be acknowledging they were wrong.

The one positive to him leaving was that the rather annoying section of our fans that were hyper-critical of him got exactly what they deserved with DCL and Niasse up front for the years after he left. Many of us tried to explain what we'd be losing in Rom to his more prolific detractors, but were met by paragraph after mind-numbingly stupid paragraph about first touch, link-up play, moaning on the pitch etc etc.

Being proven right is scant consolation for the horrific performances of our strikers in recent times.

It's great to see that now Lukaku's gone on to make an absolute show of these people over his career, the vast majority have put their agendas aside and will be acknowledging they were wrong.

Wait for it

Are you talking about his time at Utd or Inter?

Status
Not open for further replies.