Homepage Article Lukaku: “I owe Everton so much”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most blues prefer a Andy Johnson who'll run himself into the ground, and bag you 6-7 goals a season than a "lazy" player like Lukaku.

Lukaku got us how many goals each year? Over 20 but his attitude was "bad", so everyone hated him.

Imagine Richarlison and Lukaku up top now? We'd be in dreamland. But nah... He's a knobhead, so don't want him lol.

We were losing 2-1 in that game.

Lukaku made it 2-2 after 70 minutes, then 3-2 after 80 minutes?

That one? We bottled it in the last minute - but you're forever annoyed at Lukaku who turned the game on it's head?

We've not had many slot two against Liverpool over the years - that there epitomises a lot of our fans with Lukaku.

That game was peak Martinez, his very best and his worst.

Coleman off injured really early, throw on an exciting young Barcelona whizzkid and let the defence sort itself out.

Final 10 min, just see the game out ffs. If I remember rightly, didn't they have anothet chance right after 3-3?

Most blues prefer a Andy Johnson who'll run himself into the ground, and bag you 6-7 goals a season than a "lazy" player like Lukaku.

Lukaku got us how many goals each year? Over 20 but his attitude was "bad", so everyone hated him.

Imagine Richarlison and Lukaku up top now? We'd be in dreamland. But nah... He's a knobhead, so don't want him lol.

you couldn’t make it up but with the odd exception quite true amazingly.. oh and he had the nerve to be honest that he aspired to champions league.. to be honest we kept him longer than I thought we deserved.

We were losing 2-1 in that game.

Lukaku made it 2-2 after 70 minutes, then 3-2 after 80 minutes?

That one? We bottled it in the last minute - but you're forever annoyed at Lukaku who turned the game on it's head?

We've not had many slot two against Liverpool over the years - that there epitomises a lot of our fans with Lukaku.

We were losing 2-1 but had so many chances to equalise before we finally did. Deulofeu and Lukaku were playing back passes to Mignolet at times. Yes the defence let us down badly but we caught Liverpool in a day when they were offering up absolute gifts and we didn’t convert enough of them. He arguably put away harder chances rHan the ones he missed in that game. When we’ve been that porous Liverpool have always hit us for 4 or 5. We arguably had even more chances than they sometimes have and we didn’t take them. I’ve got not gripes with Lukaku overall, he was a brilliant striker for us and I dread to think about the Martinez reign without him. Just wished he’d had his finishing boots with him in the two games mentioned.

No they didn't.

Coleman off injured really early, throw on an exciting young Barcelona whizzkid and let the defence sort itself out.

Final 10 min, just see the game out ffs. If I remember rightly, didn't they have anothet chance right after 3-3?

We should've been 3-1 down too but Joe Allen spooned a practical open goal wide.

Lukaku asked to leave, that’s the bottom line. We were never a long term option for him and his (and his dads) ego.
Glad he played for us, wish he’d stayed longer, but his transfer was his doing

Lukaku was good for us all in all. He was a lot of effort and difficult for fans to like because of his mouth and his olds chirping up every international break. He also never had a belter of a game which we won in either a high-pressure game or away to the clubs vying for champs league. He also had an occasional first touch that Harvey Weinstein would think a bit hard & when he was off it his lack of work rate and on pitch sulking was a frustration to those who want every player to put a shift in. He did score shed loads, and he did put away teams around or below us when we were jarg and he pulled us out of the excrement. When he was on it he was a joy to behold.

People who want him back ignore how draining the Media circus bs surrounding him was and the lack of perceived effort & commitment. Those who are opposed devalue his contributions when he was on it.

Personally I think we’ve both moved on. When people return to things in life it’s seldom sweeter than the previous time. When he was on it he was a belter, but also glad we got the money we did for him.

tumblr_nxikvaBGcz1rj7inuo10_r4_250.gif

I remember sat in my seat at one game at Goodison, seething about Lukaku. It was against Hull City. His body language was poor, he appeared to be complaining to his colleagues at every missed placed pass, and his first touch and general play in that particular match was dire.
He’d also recently been on International duty and with that came the usual quotes about him moving to other clubs etc.
I recall thinking, how can someone who has scored so many goals for us be so unpopular!
In this game, Harry Maguire was getting the better of him, and I was literally fed up with him and found myself complaining continually about him.
BUT....then he scored. He then looked on fire and the last 20 minutes or so, he was a right handful. I remember thinking, thank goodness he’s our centre forward.
I still say that he wasn’t particularly popular with the Goodison faithful, but he was an excellent finisher with either feet His first goal in the FA cup against Chelsea at Goodison was fantastic. He brought great joy to me and other family members that day. We celebrated long and hard after that match.
Like others on here, I’d have him back at a heartbeat!

I think it was Baines who went off and Barry, went to left back, Barkley went into midfield and was brilliant on the day.

We really should won comfortably, I know joe Allen missed an easy chance. But I think we had 5 x 1 on 1’s. Mignolet made 9 saves, bet he’s never ever made 9 saves in any other game in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.