2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to be incredibly fickle here just because we've won a game. If Benitez is after falling out with 2 of our best players within his first few months of being here then that is incredibly worrying. Benitez will not be here long term, we cannot be hamstrung by him forcing out our best players for players that he wants when he won't be here by the end of their contracts. Exact same reason we've still got the likes of Tosun, Delph and Siggurdsson on the books and having just finally gotten rid of Bolasie and Walcott off the wage bill.

If the rumors are true then Digne is finished in the club. Also think he is quite isolated in his views. Rafael confirmed in the interview with Sky that in practice he has all the power.

Oh that Digne was the one leaking stuff to the Athletic.

Probably nowt in it, hopefully not anyway. He could just have dodgy guts for all we know.
It's always been somewhat obvious to me he was leaking info. When Ancelotti left The Athletic said certain senior players had only just signed long term contracts because of Carlo and now they were considering their future. It added up to one player. Since then you can pretty much always have attributed stuff to him

I like Digne but ultimately if you crossed Moyes you was oot the door and thats how I want this club to be run - no one is bigger than the manager.

Hopefully he gets back in the team but if not then get a good price for him and bring in a CB & LB who can actually defend.

Think people are going overboard if they think that's the nail in the coffin for him.

Put your money on him starting next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.