2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issue with him defending himself, he does that and then lets it drop, but every time the media have mentioned Digne Benitez has had a pop at him. From the off he has done it when all he had to say was that Digne is unhappy and wants to leave and leave it at that.

I'm getting my info through reading what Benitez has said because I just can't stand the man and listen to him, by the way, I've never like him full stop, even before he joined us, I've always thought he was a bad tit with a massive chip on his shoulder.

So by disliking the man so much its hard to get a clear judgement on what’s been said,

end of the day nobody knows what it has been like behind the scenes, it could be much worse. Who knows if Luca has been this bad with other managers? End of the day Everton are bigger than a player and as I said in other posts we have a squad of players not a team. We need to build a team and something hasn’t been right over the last few years. The same bunch of players have let down manager after manager

All relative to how much you spend and a bad buy is a bad buy regardless.

We bought a 23 year old Alex Iwobi for £30+million. Bought a 27 year old Icelandic for £45million. Both guff. Both would never be able to sell or recoup. That's just bad. Pay £30mill for Kean... eventually get that money back. Pay £50mill for Richy...hope to get more. You're still paying big money.

I'm not disagreeing at all btw. I'm putting into context of selling a very good player and justifying it because of his age and on a "decline" doesn't wash with me.

In our position, it's more about getting rid of the £90-100k a week players who contribute zero to the team before selling a Richy or a Dom.

We can’t get rid of those players though until their contracts expire. So in order to balance our books, unfortunately, we will have to sell DCL in the summer. It’s our own fault we’re in this position, or rather it’s Moshiri’s fault.

We can agree / disagree about Benitez, but no football team benefits from having a player who does not believe / or is loyal to the manager's ideas. If Digne had been Messi, Benitez would probably have been fired. However, Digne is a left back, who is admittedly good, but not extraordinary.

There are also no rumors that Benitez has lost the dressing room, and Digne therefore appears to be quite isolated in his opinions. Had the players been extremely dissatisfied, they would have had the opportunity now to get rid of Benitez. Had several players, such as Richarlison, DCL, Pickford, Gray, etc., expressed dissatisfaction, the owners would have had no other choice.

I therefore wish Digne good luck, and thank him for his efforts. But the club remains, far better players have left the club before, and most likely it will also happen in the future.

Because they are clueless whoppers most of the time so rather then debate they throw around stupid insults

….like insulting Evertonians who debate & have concerns about this Manager, accusing them of not being real fans.

4FE1EB1D-F8F8-4DBD-8FFB-E8E250AEDCED.jpeg

Last edited:

Again, you're putting faith in the fact this was "planned".

If Digne hadnt have opened his mouth, he'd still be our player.

It's a accident some people are seeing as a masterstroke.
Planned or not, it is what needed to happen (and needs to happen a lot more) and therefore not a bad thing and not something that anybody should be getting upset about.

Besides, we don't know why the two fell out. I know it's the cool thing to blame the oval Spaniard for everything, but I'm of the opinion that there is probably a little bit more to this than Digne having a moan about tactics.

We can’t get rid of those players though until their contracts expire. So in order to balance our books, unfortunately, we will have to sell DCL in the summer. It’s our own fault we’re in this position, or rather it’s Moshiri’s fault.
Rich, DCL or both.

Arsenal will come in big (for them) for DCL I reckon

Planned or not, it is what needed to happen (and needs to happen a lot more) and therefore not a bad thing and not something that anybody should be getting upset about.

Besides, we don't know why the two fell out. I know it's the cool thing to blame the oval Spaniard for everything, but I'm of the opinion that there is probably a little bit more to this than Digne having a moan about tactics.

I blame him for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.